Metro: Last Light Limited Edition features hardcore Ranger Mode

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by majnu, Dec 14, 2012.

1. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Dude I have preorded LL. But day one dlc is just something that should be imcluded on the disk and for free. But yet if you dont preorder your punished by losing something that should be on the disk

2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Did you not read what I wrote? I thought I explained that point of view clearly (from my perspective). I don't see how getting more outside of the game is not getting what you paid for. Besides, most of the arguments against pre-order bonuses concentrate on the fact that they're implemented before the game's release - a time that the developer should be dedicating to refining the game or working on a patch, if need be so soon.
    That's a flawed argument. Were the black people who demanded equal rights around the world being greedy because they wanted as much freedom as white people? Are feminists greedy because they want equal rights for women?

If people expected to get more than what you get in a collector's edition without paying for it, then they would be greedy. However, pretty much everyone wants the same - not more - in the standard version of a game. They don't want to be treated unfairly just because they can't afford a special edition. I thought that was quite easy to understand.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Moreover, if anything, greed shows us that this economy doesn't work. Look at all the economical crises, shortage of natural resources and so on. It's all because of greed. Sure, capitalism works on greed, and that's the reason why it is so primitive and outdated today.

4. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

I think you misunderstood me. I was purely talking on an economic level. Everyone is greedy when it comes to product. Rights are not a product, they are naturally born abilities that all men should have. So while I see your point, I do not believe I explained myself. To add to that, I was just explaining it through my perspective. If you can do it, why can't I?

By the way, feminists are actually greedy. They wanted to be treated like a man and get paid like a man. Yet they do not want to open doors themselves, pull out their own chairs, and they call it sexual harassment when ask them out for a beer after work or make an inappropriate joke with your buddies at the water cooler. These are points in which they want to be treated differently, yet at the same time preach for equality. Feminism is the embodiment of irony and greed.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Really? That's funny, because I'm a male feminist. Would you like to pull out any more stereotypes from where the sun don't shine?

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Okay the point is that something like ranger mode shouldn't be a pre-order dlc. Also how the RPK, MGR, and the AKS also shouldn't be pre-order bonuses. The RPK and AKS should be in the game and same with ranger mode. What should be pre-order is a poster, multiplayer beta access, wallpapers, soundtracks things like that.

7. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Trust me dude, it isn't a stereotype. Before I say this, I want to remind you that I am all for women being equal. Growing up in a family of all girls (except me and my dad), I know damn well that women work their butts off. But I also know that a lot of those feminist protesters are brats who actually work as little as possible, but expect the same pay as the men and women who do work. Many of them are also too shallow to accept a complement and see a "you look good today" as an insult and as a sexual advancement. My manager was recently fired for such a thing, and guess who took his spot? The stupid bitch who couldn't take a complement. She was fired a week later for fucking up a fifteen thousand dollar delivery because she didn't read the manifest and played angry birds on her iphone all week. See my point? The women who do work hard and do deserve the pay, I see them get promoted and get raises all the time. My mother went through all that bullshit in nursing school, now she makes more in a week than my father did in a month. My sister's have done similar things in their workplaces. Yet they never opened their mouths and bitched about how they were not equal. Wanna know why? Because they were equal. Because they put in there work and got rewarded for it. All I'm saying is, from my experience, the women who call for equal rights are the ones who don't put in any work. I hope you can respect my opinion, as I respect yours. I completely get where you are coming from. I know not all feminists are like this. But it's kind of hard look at it your way when most of the feminists I've have seen act like that bitch manager. By the way, thank you. I was hoping to get into an interesting conversation by the end of the night.

#247 I Hate Lurkers, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2013
  8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Feminism doesn't equal sexism towards males or lazy women. Sure, you get sexist feminists, but that doesn't mean that all or even most feminists are sexist. Since almost all of us live in patriarchal societies, we are taught to believe that feminism is a bad thing.

Still, that doesn't excuse generalization on such a widespread scale. Saying that most feminists are sexist is just as ignorant as saying that: most Russians drink vodka for breakfast or most Eastern Europeans are racist or other untrue statements based on offensive stereotypes, just because SOME of these people are like that.

I appreciate that you claim to respect my opinion, but you're an American right? So, imagine if someone told you that most Americans are fat and then claimed that he respects your opinion. It's the same. Anyway, I think we've strayed too far off-topic.

9. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

I believe that females are equal. However we are different and thus they are better at somethings and us at some. We are (for the most part) better leaders, While they are better parents. They can love more honestly, We tend to be more selfish.
    but for now :focus:

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice finish, TheStalker ;)

I would just like to let you all know (regarding how I earlier stated that I might pirate the game because of the Limited Edition pre-order) that I will definitely not pirate the game any longer, concidering how Deep Silver deserves the money, as well as 4A Games, no matter wether they fix the issue that we have with the Limited Edition or not :)

11. Selyp

Selyp Member

Ranger mode should definitely come with the game - not be a bonus, especially if it is "the definitive Metro experience" like they say - why the hell wouldn't they include it if that's how they meant it to be played!