Metro: Last Light Limited Edition features hardcore Ranger Mode

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by majnu, Dec 14, 2012.

1. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

so the poor have no right to entertainment.

2. foda500

foda500 Well-Known Member

No, of course they do. They don't have the right to break laws just because they're poor though.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

How many times must I repeat myself: I will not pirate the game! :p I said it multiple times. I just don't think it's worst the the risk in my situation. All I said was that I feel that I won't buy the game to show THQ that I don't support such terrible business practices. My views on piracy do not mean that I will download the game illegally. As I've said - it is not something that one gets away with easily in the UK.

As for the other talk that has started in this thread regarding laws, poor people and more on pirating... I'm not even going to get involved. I just can't be bothered to add to this discussion anymore. :eek:hwell:

4. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Dude they have no other choice. I bet if you were poor you would be pirating also. They have no other choice for entertainment other than just sitting their asses on the couch and staring at the wall. Though I don't exactly like piracy I tend to look the other way if someone can't afford something that simple. Just because you can afford it doesn't mean you have to bitch about piracy.

5. foda500

foda500 Well-Known Member

Just because I don't think it's right to pirate games/movies/whatever doesn't mean I can not be sympathetic in some cases, although I may have come across as a robot.

Anyway, what I really should have said is that you shouldn't pirate a game(nor endorse piracy) because you disagree with they way the developer or publisher chooses to do their business.

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

I have to agree with Foda500 on this one. Being poor and not affording something does not give you the right to commit a crime against the law, and that's just how it is, no matter how unfair it might seem, because the world is unfair.

7. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

They're poor.. yet they have computers and internet, probably a cellphone. Poor means you don't know where your next meal is coming from. Poor means you wish you had money for the electric bill, but you don't.. Poverty does not mean you have time to be playing games, pirated or not.

8. GoodLordApollo

GoodLordApollo The Courier

It looks like this Thread has gotten a tiny bit off topic maybe we should take this on to the Pirating Thread?

9. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh yes! Indeed it does! If i can't pay the rent and police kicks me out, don't i have the right to occupy it? Indeed i have!
    If i have no money to feed my children, don't i have the right to rob a bank? Indeed i have!

10. Shurfire

You can get a cheap computer. Internet is very cheap. By government standards I am considered high end poor due to the fact that I live with my brother and mom right now and she is raising me and my brother.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It saddens me to hear you say that. If you think the world is unfair then you should do your best to change it and make it fair, instead of saying that we just have to deal with it.
    Oh yes it does. We are struggling with paying our bills EVERY TIME and we are still paying for most of the expensive things we bought years ago on credit. We don't have a car, we couldn't afford to visit our own country this year, we don't have the money or transport to go on trips anywhere so we are stuck living in a council house in a shitty area where people set cars on fire in front of our house.

I am a teenage immigrant, and regardless of my family's economical situation, I have the time to be happy and play games. Sure, I can't play all the new releases like most gamers because I don't have the money for such things, but I still spend the little cash I get on games, music and books because I too have the right to entertainment - believe it or not. I'm not a pirate not because I am against piracy (I'm not against it), but because I don't want to risk getting caught and having to pay even larger sums of money.

#211 Bamul, Dec 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2012
  12. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

Just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad.

13. Shurfire

Last time I checked the government does illegal things all the time.

14. VanillaToshi

What point were you trying to get across with that comment? The government does illegal things so all things that are illegal are bad? I'm too tired to try and make sense of it.

The government is basically just a huge group of thieves, stealing from the poor, giving to the rich.

But the point I was getting across in my last comment (although I didn't explain it) was that just because something is illegal doesn't make it bad, for example cannabis is proven to have plenty of medical benefits and few draw backs yet it's illegal but smoking tobacco or drinking alcohol has no real medical benefits whatsoever and kills stupid amounts of people each year and they're legal.

15. Skaara Dreadlocks

I think you interprented Shurfire's comment as a competing argument when it was actually a statement to support and strengthen your statement about something not being wrong just because it's illegal.

16. Shurfire

Yes I am I your side.

17. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Sure, just because it is illegal to do something does not make it wrong. Still, other things come into play. I would say that, as citizens, we all ought to respect and live within the limits of just and reasonable laws. And I think many would argue that things like games, books, movies, or music, are intellectual property, regardless of who publishes it, EA or THQ or indie designers, and that their rights ought to be protected.

18. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

While i agree with most of what you said i'd like to ask you what happens when said companies start to abuse it's customers in order the protect their rights?
    Next thing we know we'll start paying full price for half a game and get the other half only as a preorder bonus or dlc.
    Ranger hardcore mode is not even extra, its just different difficulty setting for Christ's sake! It's part of the core gameplay and it should not be charged for or limited in any way!
    This whole LL Limited Edition is the stupidest idea. A regular edition would have been just fine.

19. VanillaToshi

Like I said, I was tired and couldn't make sense of it at all, I've read it again and I now know what they meant.

20. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

My thoughts exactly. Naturally, if the publishers want to release crappy limited editions, then that's their mistake. I don't see why they would do that to their fans, but hey, they can't all love their fans as much as CDProjekt and Remedy Studios.