Metro: Last Light Limited Edition features hardcore Ranger Mode

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by majnu, Dec 14, 2012.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...imited-edition-features-hardcore-ranger-mode/

So the deleted thread (IGN Spain) was right. Let me see if I stored a picture of it.

2. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

This is disappointing. I'll say even more; this is insulting. Exactly how low were they aiming to set the bar here? This instantly went from a must buy to a definite no sale for me. Literally everything in this Limited Edition is the equivalent of worthless (yet price inflating) padding you'd expect to find inside your Amazon or eBay parcels. Where is all the good stuff fans have actually been asking for?! We had a bloody thread about it, did we not? Where is the steelbook with the beautiful artwork, the full original soundtrack disc, the artbook or even Metro 2034 in English?

Lest we forget; xbox 360 owners of Metro 2033 got duped when they were forced to pay for the Ranger Pack title update (i.e. the desirable way to experience Metro 2033) which was held back for ransom by '$oft, yet free to all PC gamers. And here they are cutting not just 'a', but 'the' difficulty setting us hardcore fans were yearning for from the main game beforehand and everyone's fine and dandy with this?! You're pulling my bloody leg... This is a perfectly legitimate complaint because you have to wonder: where does this silliness ends? What else has been cut?
    Onwards! So insult was added to injury and the wound got even more infected with these MGR & Russian assault rifle being the insignificant excuse for a bonus that they are. Let's not insult my intelligence by pretending for one utter waste of a second that this half-arsed Limited Edition is a present from 4A because they love us so huggy-muggy-much. No, this is just the suits taking the piss with these farcical “bonuses” that have premium on-disc ULC written all over for people who would be wise enough to buy the regular edition, that's all it is. I know a scam when I see one and I will not have it.

The days of me sitting down, shutting the fuck up and enjoying a wonderful gaming experience without having to worry about my investment coming with an unpleasant catch truly are severely numbered. I am fed up with seeing my favourite hobby being butchered to a pulp and ruined by incompetent sycophantic money-hungry depraved worker ants. Being a Metro fan, or even a gamer for that matter, does not mean bending to the will of your corrupt corporate masters, metaphorically speaking. My voice by itself may not be heard but the glorious sounds of enlightened gamers' wallets shutting themselves one by one will propagate a neverending echo through the halls of THQ's offices. I guarantee it.

Thusly, to whomever conceived of this idea and supports these woefully absurd, fraudulent anti-gamer hogwash schemes - be it developer, publisher, fan, friend and foe - from the bottom of my veteran gamer's heart, heed this:
    [​IMG]
    ...and the horse you rode in on.

3. foda500

foda500 Well-Known Member

So I won't be able to play it on Ranger Mode unless I pre-order? Fuck off THQ!

4. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Cerberus... you magnificent bastard, I don't think I could have said it myself. Fucking spot on.

5. Jet Odessa

Jet Odessa Mutant Hunter Extraordinaire

oh, for crying out loud THQ, what you playing at???

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Well pretty much everyone here is going to pre-order it.

This isn't a limited edition. This is literally just something that should come with the standard game pre-order. A limited edition should have someone unique. Something like a steel case, artwork, a poster, hell even first copies of metro 2034 in english.

I think we were the reason they made the limited edition like this. We all said we were going to buy the limited edition no matter what and THQ got a boner thinking about how they can just give us shit in return for money.

7. foda500

foda500 Well-Known Member

Ranger mode should be available for free for everyone that has the game, not just the people that pre-ordered.

I never said I'd buy a limited edition, by the way. I said I would pre-order the game and now I'm seriously reconsidering it.

8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Dear THQ Marketing Team,

If what CVGUK has posted is true then you have destroyed what we refer to as 'Limited Edition'.

The above is what I'd more likely categorize as pre-order incentives but NOT Limited Edition content!!

Pre-ordering from participating e-tailers (Gamestop, Wallmart, GAME, Zavvi, Amazon etc) should grant the player different pre-order incentives.

Now there is the issue of Ranger Hardcore. Why on Earth is this a pre-order bonus? What is the reasoning and logic for this? It's stripping away the game to cater for nothing but corporate greed by earning extra money from "selected pre-orders".

It should rightfully belong in the game regardless of pre-order shenanigans!!

Please for the love of God (if you're Athiest for the love of your favourite celebrity) have a read through one of the many threads on our communities suggestions for 'Limited and Collectors Editions'.

http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=87&highlight=limited edition

Also in case you forgot:

http://www.lastlightforum.com/showpost.php?p=7611&postcount=17

I look forward to hearing any response. As you can see this news has created a negative atmosphere already. (Previously LE information was leaked but the thread deleted as it was said to be false. However it seems it was spot on!)

You can find a cached copy of the thread here:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...d.php?t=2210&page=2 &cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

9. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

F**k this sh*t. F*ck I shoulda never helped out THQ by donating my humble bundle payment to them when they try to f*ck me over so mother****ing severely. So pissed right now. In fact I'll kill a pidgeon to rage out.

Go play ball on a highway, THQ.

#9 Darkbringer, Dec 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  10. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Right people that extract was taken from EuroGamer:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...mited-edition-includes-ranger-mode-difficulty

Now if I'm right this is an old marketing method which we've seen other publishers do before, so it may not be as bad as it seems.

Battlefield 3 did the same, as the early copies and pre-order editions featured the Back to Karkand map packs.

THQ's content may not be the best for Metro Last Light's Limited Edition but I'm hoping that there will be an announcement of a Digital Collectors which may include ideas from our threads.

Also why they ostracizing everyone who lives outside of North America again?

I'm just speechless that they are splitting the game so early on. WHY; WHY!!!!

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

^This. As THQ were so humble to publish the Humble Bundle, I decided to be humble back and pay more than I was required to, because of THQ's recent rumored financial crysis. By paying extra for the bundle, I hoped to assist in helping out THQ to be able to release LL with Ranger Hardcore mode, and now they simply just say "Pre-order, or you don't get this". That was a completely wrong and desperate move. I really really hope that THQ will decline the removal of Ranger Hardcore mode, for the sake of the fans of LL, and for the sake of THQ themselves.

12. thegodfathergf

thegodfathergf New Member

I registered here just because I read this article.
    I was already eagerly awaiting the anouncment of the limited edition and its physical bonus content (a watch? a lighter? a printed metro map?).
    With this news I will definetly not purchase the game day 1, because I will not support charging for difficulty levels and "cheat codes" (aka bonus ingame money/ free powerful guns).
    I will recommend friends who planed to buy this game not to do so.

I am a Metro fan since the first game launched and even bought the book because of that. This is truly a bad day to be a tunnel-dweller.

13. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. I'm outraged.

I have said this before and I'll say it again, that is the most retarded thing I have ever read.

14. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

We asked for no extra MGB. I can see the gun being in there as long as it isn't overpowered. The ranger hardcore mode should be free and the limited edition should some with something physical. Keep the gun remove the pre-order only for ranger hardcore and remove the extra MGB. Add the steel case, artwork or just the Artyom post cards! A LL only poster would be better.

15. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

oh okay same price not ba then

16. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

oh yeah teddy was right 70 bullets for him

17. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Wait a second. Isnt this the same limited edition that joe said was fake?

18. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think someone just stabbed me in the back.

20. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

What? This was leaked before and he denied it?