Metro Last Light Dynamic Shadowing and Muzzle Flash

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Hameedo, Oct 5, 2013.

1. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Cause having steam and origin bottleneck your PC games is the best

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Ha.
    Haha.
    :laugh:

Oh my. Yes you're right, being a PC developer means you don't have to deal with silly things like publishers or budgets! My, what a ridiculous concept indeed good sir!

#22 Potarto, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
  3. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

cough*crowd funding* cough :p

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

You mean like Kickstarter? Sure, it's a cool idea, and it works better on PC than on console since PC's are kind of open-source by nature. Thankfully though, while I don't know the specifics, it does seem like next-gen consoles are looking to be more indie-friendly, which is always good.

But what that has to do with playing Metro on a console is beyond me. 4A still had to go through the developmental process of securing funding and meeting deadlines for a publisher and everything. Sure, not having to develop for console could have allowed for some more detailed and expansive environments, as well as bigger battles. But the end result is also a PC version that is a bit easier to run, while still being one of the most demanding games we've ever seen. And even if they only had to develop for PC, the significantly smaller install base would mean fewer copies sold, which would have given them an even smaller budget to make their game with.

I just get my jimmies rustled whenever somebody says that PC or console is just blatantly better than the other. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

5. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

any news on the SDK front?

6. No. Deep Silver has not allowed it so far.

7. Hameedo

Hameedo Member

Damn, and here I was thinking Last Light Redux will fix things, it was only made worse, no more muzzle flash shadows in 2033 Redux, as well as Last Light Redux. This is silly.

8. It is. You can send feedback to Deep Silver though.

Here is the twitter and e-mail of the Deep Silver community manager: