Metro:Last Light difficulty discussion

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by VanillaToshi, Sep 2, 2012.

1. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I personally found Metro: 2033 way too easy, even on Hardcore/Ranger Hardcore difficulty modes. Does anyone else want the higher difficulty levels to be made harder for the more experienced players?

My reasons:
    Ammo isn't even that scarce especially on ranger hardcore mode, you just sell the Volt Driver or heavy shotgun and/or grow some balls and explore.

Stealth sections were pretty simple to play through and rather obvious, for example the Red soldier being executed tells his officer about a way to get past the Nazis. Ulman tells you to disable the generator in Black Station, etc. (The stealth suit isn't even worth buying btw if you've never tried a stealth approach. Default armour will do perfectly well.)

The fact you die easily isn't a factor as long as your aim is good and you kill the enemies before they kill you. Mutants are easy to kill since they have to get close to do damage. Moving from cover to cover is a good tactic against humans. (humans shoot where they think you are so if you manage to sneak over to a different place they'll continue to shoot at your old position)

Only problem is filters for the gas mask, buying as many as you can whilst you're at Market station cures that problem, scavenging is good too.

2. Ultimate_Hobo

Ultimate_Hobo Member

I could not agree more about this! Whilst i found 2033 ok it was still too easy even on ranger hardcore. Don't get me wrong the game has far a higher difficulty than most new games but it is still too easy at the higher difficulty levels.
    I just want the ranger difficulty levels to be upped to make ammo scarce (i made a thread about this already) and things to kill me, i can pretty much do a whole playthrough of the game and die never if i'm careful.
    The only point i disagree on is gas mask filters i only ran out of them once when i didn't realise that you had to shoot the chandilier and just spent ages clambering on the bookshelves trying to do a prince of persia :eek: .

3. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

You just made my day.

Good thread though, I think there will be "harder" difficulties in Last Light, but after playing Metro 2033 for hundreds of hours of course Ranger difficulties will seem easy.

4. VanillaToshi

Aha glad I could.

Also I bought Ranger Hardcore after playing the game through for the first time on normal, never tried ranger easy. It was still easy, easier in IMO even for a newcomer. Especially against mutants. I just enjoy it because it's so much more realistic and immersive because there's little to no HUD. As long as you think smartly about what you do and where you go then it's stupidly simple.

Also to the guy that got stuck on the chandelier bit. LOL. Aha I spent ages after shooting it stood there in wonder of WHY there was a chandelier up there in the first place.

5. Teddy Picker

How dare this spammer copy and paste my well thought out comments. Fuck you Hamiltion11.

6. VanillaToshi

It's pissing me off, surely he should be banned by now. I know I post regularly but this is just taking the Battenburg.

7. Teddy Picker

Your posts are nowhere near being classified as "spam", they're always well thought out. This bot is just copy/pasting shit all over the place, damn it!

8. Enki

Enki New Member

i played 2033 on survival hardcore just cuz i wanted to get the alt ending i never got it when i used to play this way back in the day. But on last light im playing survival ranger harcore i love it, hardest thing to get used to is only having 2 guns but i'm a stealthy player all i need is my kalash silenced with a x2 scope. I love how in ranger it's realistic takes 1-2 bullets to kill a human they say ammo is hard to find but i'm mostly at max only time it's low is those long missions on the surface where i can't take my time cuz of filters.

#8 Enki, Jan 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2016