Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. doloproductions

doloproductions New Member

All a.i textures pulled/smeared everthing else good

CAN ANYONE HELP US?

Me and my brother both got metro on our laptops.. both of ours are pretty good and his has a nice gpu in it ... the games installs , starts no problems and then when it gets passed the intro . hes sitting down looking at his hands and the grpahics are pulled down into the ground in areas of his fingers then he looks up and all his buddies are looking like smeared pulled down in certain parts of there bodies .. the fires good. the details of the ground and walls are good the game runs smooth .

ive spent hours researching the problem and what its called but im not sure and noone else has really talked about it ..:

2. Quell

Quell Member

"Executable has stopped working"

I am having the issue where upon launching the game I immediately receive the message that the "executable has stopped working" - I have searched online for this problem and while there are a few posts which mention the same issue I have not been able to find a fix for Last Light.

I have found numerous posts about this issue occurring for Metro 2033 and have attempted to follow the same solutions but to no effect.

I have
    -Re-installed
    -Disabled multiple monitors
    -verified the cache on steam
    -Re-installed the PhysX and VCredist service packages that came with the game.
    -Tried lowering the quality level in the user document.
    -Updated ALL drivers.

Nothing is working...

-HD7890
    -Intel i7 960 @ 3.2Ghz
    -Windows 7 64-bit

Can someone please help me? I would love to be having one of the other numerous bugs but well, I can't even launch the game atm.

#102 Quell, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  3. doloproductions

doloproductions New Member

i am also having this same problem .... and we have fairly good laptops /// can anyone help ///:twitch:

4. KGBhitman

KGBhitman Member

Not sure if anyone has stumbled across this bug, but it is soon after going past the Russian Armored train which they are working on, you exit on the other side of the room and then you enter a rail tunnel with 2 Russians chatting, one on the ground and one sitting in a flamer rail cart. Well you kill those 2 guys then on the right there is a massive door which opens when you near it, just behind are 5 or 6 Heavy Troops in Armor, each time I tried to kill them they just stand there and do nothing, even if you go up and knife them they still don't react, just stand there, they don't even respond if you walk right up to them and start jumping with your light on!

Just thaught I would post this, I reloaded a number of times to confirm, it appears their AI is bugged, this is the only real issue I have had so far, but I am sure it is easily fixed in a patch!

5. KGBhitman

KGBhitman Member

It would help if you post the specs of your laptops, are they using ATI or Nvidia graphics, CPU, Memory and what driver version you are using etc etc, technical problems are best helped with relevant information.

6. Quell

Quell Member

"The Metro Last Light Executable has stopped working".

Occurs every time I launch the game.

-HD7890
    -Intel i7 960 @3.2Ghz
    -12GB RAM.
    -Windows 7 64-bit.

I have tried numerous solutions which were suggested for the SAME issue for Metro 2033.

-Updated every driver.
    -Re-installed VCredist and PhysX and DirectX which came with the game.
    -Using multiple monitors and tried running while using only a single monitor.
    -Verified the cache on steam
    -Reinstalled the game

STILL CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE, PLEASE ADVISE.

Further information : After attempting to launch 1/2 files always fail to validate through steam.
    There is no 4A games folder in my %localapps% file which apparently a second userconfig is supposed to be.

#106 Quell, May 16, 2013
  7. skibadee

skibadee New Member

Hi guys. I have a problem regarding save game data. Last night everything was working great, but today it appears that i cannot continue because there`s no save game data ? Even though i can see save game data on my user. I don`t know is this and i`m asking if anyone can help me. Thanks
    Btw, it`s the ps3 version.

8. MrMintyful

MrMintyful New Member

I don't seem to have any problems, I am running the dual GTX 680 if that would be a factor...

9. lordnox

lordnox New Member

Stuttering in the game - a potential hyperthreading problem.

Ok so i've heard that a lot of people are experiencing stuttering in the game and i am one of them. It's awful and the game is unplayable.

I have a GTX 570 OCed, 4GB DDR2 ram and a Quad core intel Q9550 OCed to 3.8Ghz CPU.

The FPS in the game is fine but the stuttering makes it unplayable. I think it has something to do with hyperthreading that my CPU doesn't support.

Others have been experiencing this too so please look into this problem. If hyperthreading really is the problem you should release a fix for CPUs that don't support it.

10. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

11. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

i think its cause you have ddr2 ram/

12. lionhair

lionhair New Member

Shadow stripping

Im having a lot of shadow stripping in the game no matter the settings (Low - Very High)
    I play on High in DX11, without Tesselation and SSAA off.

Click on the spoiler to see my issue.

[​IMG]

I have an HD6850 with latest Catalyst driver and the last Metro patch.

Anyone having this problem?

13. lordnox

lordnox New Member

well all the other games i play run fine. For instance Bioshock infinite runs excellent, so does Crysis 3 and other graphically intense games.

It's a fact that this is a game problem and so it should be fixed.

Games should be optimised so they run on a wide scale of different system configurations.

Anyway, i know the development team is working hard on the game so i guess i will wait for another patch to come out, i just hope that they are aware of this problem as there are quite a lot of people having it.

#113 lordnox, May 16, 2013
  14. Vintage

Vintage New Member

Aspect ratio

I have a strange problem with resolution aspect ratio:
    while in fullscreen, screen seems to be horizontally streched. I have 1920x1080 monitor, resolution both in-game ant in .cfg files is set also to 1920x1080. If I set fullscreen to off, everything's fine.

Attached Files:

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

This level

[​IMG]

is bugged. After I clear the enemies in the main facility the characters don't respond. When I go to kill them they die, remain standing and the game crashes. When the game does not crash the rest of the characters do not move and I can walk past the enemy without being detected.

16. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

12 pages? wow lol

Not a single bug in my playthrough, ha!

17. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I bet you'll get loads of bugs now :D

18. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nah, why? I have finished the game ^^!

19. thestillwind

thestillwind New Member

Need a fix, quickly...

My desktop have to monitor hooked on it. When I play the game it's on monitor 1 but the mouse is not locked in the game windows instead it can go in the monitor 2 and then if I clicked (to shoot for example) I'm getting back in the desktop... pretty lame uh?

You don't dev with 2 monitor? Never saw that bug?

And why do we have no real action about what video config to change? Seems like another port... too bad..

But at least fix this, it's a pain in the a..................... :)

20. thestillwind

thestillwind New Member

and I'm playing ranger hardcore, how in the hell do I check how much ammo I have or switch secondary... and why it seems like the inventory (tab) is still there but just invisible cause I can still hear when I drag the mouse like it was just opacity=0