Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. rebelshadowrm

rebelshadowrm New Member

Frozen Enemy Bug, Is there a fix?

So since my install, I was forced 1440 x 480, trying to adjust resolution I was then crashed a few times and forced to 1440 x 900.
    I played 4-5hours just dealing with it.
    I tried a few times to do a windowed mode max res, realizing that you have to delete the AppData/Local file with the user.cfg and not the one with the exe.

Tonight, I changed the game to windowed mode, and it crashed twice.
    The third time I successfully changed into a pseudo fullscreen windowed mode.

After I had done this, all the enemies were frozen. Much like the bug discovered on the ps3.

From what I've read, it was just a small area and everything went back to normal after. For me, the only enemies that move are ones summoned by an alarm. I've gone through numerous reloads and have just run through to new areas, as well as reloading previous ones.

Will this bug be addressed, and/or fixed with the upcoming HDMI (1440x 480/900) .exe overwrite bug fix?

-----------------------------------
    System Specs
    -----------------------------------

2.66 i7
    RAM : 16G@1866
    2x 550ti (SLi)

GeForce 320.14 (Metro LL video drivers)

Game has been running perfectly graphically, not an ounce of lag.

2. hever

hever New Member

night vision?

hello community,

ive gotten the section where you pick up night vision goggles for the first time (before the church). whenever i equip them i see artyom bring them down and the screen flashes to green for a split second before returning to normal un nightvision view. when i take them off the screen flashes to green for a second before returning to normal view.

help please :(

3. ivory_soul

ivory_soul New Member

Valve just fixed the issue. Very strange, wasted most people's day on this. Didn't know it would get fixed this fast either.

4. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

Glitches, glitches everywhere.

5. hever

hever New Member

sorry but do you have the same glitch? is it a common glitch? is there anyway to fix it?

6. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

it just came out, they'll release a patch soon enough.

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Did you remember to charge the battery? Sorry if I'm asking stupid but let's just rule out the basic things first.

8. hever

hever New Member

no you're not asking a stupid question, im the stupid one here...can you even charge the battery? i thought that was only in metro 2033 not last light :shocked:

9. TheOnlyKingArthur

Yup, just hold F (or your flashlight key) and fire away until it's charged.

10. stars

stars New Member

Can't pick up guns

Hello there,

Guys, I seem to be experiencing what appears to be a bug (cause i cannot find any other explanation for this). I'm already at chapter 2 or 3, it's where i'm trying to escape from the nazi base, and my companion is captured. Now: i can kill people, i can pick up whatever i can find on them (rounds and other stuff), but i cannot pick up any guns which my victims were carrying. So here i am with a pistol, 12 bullets, and 3 knives and i keep killing people until my rounds are gone. After that i have to pray hard not to be spotted, which never works (I'm starting to doubt my religion).
    So obviously the E key is working since i can pick stuff off the ground but why can't i pick up guns? I have 2 free slots...

11. TheOnlyKingArthur

Are you holding E to pick up the guns or just tapping it? You have to hold it down for a second or two...

12. stars

stars New Member

It's been a long time since i felt like an idiot. Thank you, it worked :eek:

13. TheOnlyKingArthur

What steps are you doing for the windowed mode? I was able to get my resolution problems temporarily fixed until the patch comes out using this method:

Find user.cfg in local user directory, delete it. Find user.cfg in Steam M:LL app folder and set resolution to 1920x1080 & fullscreen to off.

If that's what you are doing and the game is buggy afterward then you will likely just need to wait for the patch. The patch ought to fix the issue you are having if you only have it while using the workaround (since you won't need to modify the user.cfg after the patch comes out).

14. TheOnlyKingArthur

No worries, it took me a while to figure it out myself :D

15. randomhalt

randomhalt New Member

So I'm in the swamp area
    and I'm fighting a monster and all the sudden Artyom starts sliding around uncontrollably and eventually just dies for no reason. Then when the game reloads I'm stuck and can only fire my guns and such. But can't move at all. :mad:

16. Mindgame

Mindgame New Member

Ugh. the thing that always sucks about these thread. 100 people stating issues with so little actually answering.

I went through all the pages and haven't found a fix for only getting a console screen on startup of the game after the intro. Anyone have any thoughts on it? I've been trying everything I can think of for three hours now and nothing.

Reinstalled game multiple times, have latest nvidia drivers, did all windows updates, deleted the intro file, forcing DX9/10, changing res in config and trying to make it windowed, turned off firewall, closed antivirus, closed all monitoring programs (evga precision, gpu-z), took off CPU and GFX card overclocks, running the game as admin, typing everything I can think of into the console, and lastly changing my time zone.

No matter what I get the same console command screen that I can't get past.

Going crazy lol.

17. Mindgame

Mindgame New Member

Just found the answer!! For anyone having this random problem type Host 000 then push enter and it will take you to the main menu.

18. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

When you go into the menu whilst in game and go back into the game there is horizontal flickering. Imagine recording your monitor with a camera and you see horizontal black lines as the refresh rate is out of sync.

However what solves this is if you load the Steam pop up by pressing ALT and SHIFT or TAB I think and closing it again and it disappears.

19. sadartists

sadartists New Member

Save file modification?

Hello, was wondering if someone may have some insight to this. I've been playing Metro LL on 360, love it and I'm a couple hours in to the game. But it was a rental, so I decided to buy it on PC. Now I want to know if I can skip a few chapters ahead? The time I can spend with video games is limited, and I want to finish Metro but would really not like to restart the whole game!

20. rhazor

rhazor New Member

Hello everyone I am stuck in this situation:

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht_w2si6NlI
    (can't embed video, forum limitations says I need 15 posts to do that)