Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah,sorry. I am all out of kindness these days. Bad boy! Bad!
    But as you know you get what you give. We own nothing to this guy and he should just skip the drama-queen stuff the next time he needs help and ask with appropriate tone and respect for such.

The hell if i know.

2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I sent this guy a PM the day he posted and explained it to him so he knows what to expect from a fan forum like this.

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Restarting the mission would likely fix the problem completely anyways.

4. gawdsmak

gawdsmak New Member

wow you guys are rude people. no wonder im anti-social. i didnt come on this forum to be so respectful to strangers and ask for help. I came on here to advertise to the programmers that their software is full of bugs and its not going to get purchased if it doesnt get fixed. when i came here i was already upset that im dealing with a massive bug- when i came here i thought that a) this was an official forum for the game, but now i know its not (probably too lame of a company to even have an official forum for their game), b) i was not coming on here seeking any help from anyone , i just wanted to try to get word to the developers that their game is full of bugs.
    update: I fixed the problem by reloading the chapter, which I didnt even know you could do at first, so please dont reply to my posts anymore, especially when your a rude little troll like most of you are.

2nd update: i ran into almost this same bug again later in the game when you drive the train car through the roof and then start fighting bad guys, this time the game showed me with a gun in my hand, but i could not fire it or attack in any kind of way.
    well as usual the geniuses will answer with "start over". yeah its real entertaining playing a game that you spend hours playing and keep having to "start over" to play parts you didnt enjoy much to begin with.
    overall i like this game, but when they release a final product that plays more like a beta, i wont be able to come to terms with purchasing it, and probably not even playing it for free either. nice game, nice theme, bad bugs, so ill skip it. no replies are requested or required unless its from the developers themselves thanking me for reporting bugs to them that they are going to fix (which wont happen.)

5. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Hmmm, yeah this guy is starting to sound like more of a scumbag the more I read his posts. But I guess I can't blame him, after all he said it himself that he's antisocial. Maybe it's because everyones stupid but him or we didn't meet his standards, who knows. But you all heard the man, he no longer wants to talk with such low people as us. We will have to try harder to make everything easier for him the next time he gives us a second chance.

Shame on you guys!

And I guess myself for writing this. But sometimes a dose of reality is required to get the message through.

This is not a place for your ass to be kissed while you shine your wisdom down on us. Show respect, get respect. A simple concept.

#385 Aaron, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  6. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:heh:

You do realize that you criticize your own self, a lot, gawdsmak; even though it may be unintentional? Rhetorical question by the way. I don't care to read anymore of your rude-ass remarks to people, or as you sarcastically call "geniuses"; who have given up their time to help solve your simplistic "problem". What I'm trying to say is that if the people (who you sarcastically call "geniuses") from this forum were able to come up with a solution to solve a wide variety of problems, and then you show up to throw your lil' temper tantrum explaining to them how your encounter with a problem that is unsolvable to your simple mind, and then they help you with it; then what does that make you? If these "geniuses", which I know you mean dumb and or stupid, are able to solve a problem that you could not figure out, really, what does that make you? Think about it. Come on, get those little gears working. Don't forget to quote me when you take my comment toward you over to go get it explained by the people over at Yahoo Answers or any other website dedicated to helping people like you.

Oh by the way, Metro: Last Light more than tripled Metro 2033's worldwide sales over the same opening week period on PC, and that's just on PC.

and to anyone other than gawdsmak who might think that I was calling them dumb or stupid in anyway, I wasn't. I think you guys are great and thank you for taking your precious time to help out people like gawdsmak.;)

#386 NuclearWastE3, Feb 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  7. Skaara Dreadlocks

Considering this bug has never been mentioned anywhere before, it probably doesn't exist among anyone else. And considering that, I don't believe the bug to be the developers' fault; it must have something to do with the installation in the console, or maybe some files have gone corrupt during the download.

Yes, this guy seems like an ass, but anyone can turn non-friendly when provoked or when feeling unjustly treated. I know that I, myself, haven't always made the best impressions other places on the internet from time to time.

8. Potarto

Oh boy.

We noticed.
    Oh?
    [​IMG]
    Oh.
    We noticed that too. We're real attentive, see? ^.^

The developers don't speak English. They also barely had enough funding from their publisher to afford chairs and working heat/electricity, so hiring a team of community managers is probably not in the budget. Like I said, there is a more official forum that they frequent, but it's all in Russian.

Well gee, sorry for inconveniencing you so much. I hope you can forgive us some day.

Glad to hear you got it working.
    You seem to be a bit confused. Let me help.
    A "troll" is listed as:

"One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument"

"One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks (i.e. 'you're nothing but a fanboy' is a popular phrase) with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue."

tl:dr Someone who intentionally posts profoundly stupid stuff in order to piss someone off. i.e. Not us.

I could go on, but we're just here, responding to what you're dumping on us like any normal person would. It's not our fault you're having issues, and while I get that you're mad and are looking to vent, complaining to us isn't going to fix anything. ;)

I've played through the game four separate times across two different systems with no issues whatsoever. You seem to be quite the unlucky fellow.

I'm sure it's inconvenient, but the level checkpoints are pretty plentiful. I can't imagine you having to replay more than 10-15 minutes' worth in the worst case scenarios, which is still a bit annoying, but hardly game-breaking by any stretch of the imagination.

I think I might have figured out the real reason that you're anti-social. I know you probably don't think too highly of us, but a quick piece of advice on the off-chance that you'll take it: be a bit more friendly to other folks, and I'm sure that you'll find it much easier to interact with them. A little modesty (probably) wouldn't kill you, either.

Sorry for the long post. Oh and Nuke; lashing back out at him (*cough*stoopingdowntohislevel*cough*isn't likely to help the situation.

#388 Potarto, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  9. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Oh come on! This guy was an a** from the very first post. I don't care if he is anti social or not.

10. Skaara Dreadlocks

Potarto.......

[​IMG]

--

I'm going to allow this, because I can, and also because I actually think this cooperation between the forum members against a common enemy, and this morality discussion, is healthy.
    -GoodGuyAdmin.

11. Potarto

[​IMG]

12. Papajack55

Papajack55 Member

For those who are having problems with performance, there is one thing you can try..I did it and it worked wonders: Turn off your PhysX and also turn off your SSAA completely. Then you can run everything else on high, but tesselation I run on medium or normal, not high or low.

As far as noclip goes I only have the one program, its not mine its from Uloz and it told me it wasn't made for my computer. It didn't come with any specs either. I have Win7,64bit with amd radeon and so on...I'm assuming its for a 32 bit, but don't quote me, and I'm not uploading it because its not mine, and I don't know anything about it. Besides, I don't want to get kicked or banned.

13. Potarto

Physx is a resource hog (especially if it defaults to CPU, makes some sections completely unplayable no matter the CPU due to its lack of parallel processing power), and SSAA is just a memory bandwidth hog. Looks just fine without it, and once you get rid of those two, it's a fairly well optimized game.

As for getting kicked or banned, we couldn't give less of a shit. We're an unofficial forum, and even if we were, it's a SP-only game. One guy here posted a thread with tons of modded screenshots, and another uses slow-mo mods for his videos. Less. of. a. shit.

14. whiteflash

whiteflash New Member

Hey guys new here. Got a simple question. Im having these lagging problems, im aware i need to disable Physx.

My problem is every single time i start up metro last light any changes i do to unselect physx or change a resolution or ANY setting under options revert back to some default set of settings, which has physx ON and a bunch of other stuff not setup correctly. Why wont my options setup stick?? Is there something i need to do manually? Whats wrong with my game?

Thanks guys!

15. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

I am so happy now, my game is become good without patch after the Trolley Combat level . Before that, the NPC-s subtitles didn't showed up, the nightvision and the music works just fine as well.

16. superbobby

superbobby Active Member

Thanks for posting this. It worked for me.

17. graham19922011

graham19922011 New Member

Hey I'm new to this franchise. Got about halfway or so through the game and it won't let me continue. graphics are fine, nothing crazy on. I have a good pc with a 1060 and 16gb of ram. I have tried verifying game cache, clearing app cache and restarting my computer. I haven't seemed to find much on the subject floating around, can anybody fill me in on what to do now? I really don't wanna start another game as I have a nice amount of hours stacked up. Any help?

18. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Have you tried restarting the mission your problem first happened on (not from checkpoint, but the entire level)? I know it's far from ideal, but this seems to have fixed such strange issues for many others.