Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. cyphon

cyphon New Member

Constant Crashing...also, spawned inside a ledge

I have a couple issues with this game....but, first my rig which is most certainly not the problem:

Intel i7 2600k
    32 GB RAM
    2 EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Superclocked in SLI mode

The game constantly crashes. Sometimes after 15minutes, sometimes after 30 seconds, sometimes an hour. I can usually run for considerably longer when running the games 'safe mode', however, so I have been playing the whole thing in safe mode. Drivers were updated last week. I have tried reinstalling and verifying game cache on steam, all to no avail.

Even with these frustrations, I have managed to get the the 2nd part of the Marshes. I am at the part right after the 2nd run in with the giant mantis. After that battle, I am pretty low on supplies. I found my way into a building and got ambushed and died (literally a stick of dynamite came out of no where and I blew up....no clue where it came from as I saw no humans in the area). So I get respawned back where the fight with the mantis ended.

Well......It spawned me inside a ledge and I cannot move at all. Restarting the game, blowing myself up, etc. has not dislodged me. Pretty mad that I cannot progress any further and will be extremely angry if I have to start a new game.

Need some noclip here :mad:

2. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have HUGE FPS drops, for no apparent reason.
    Any fixes?

3. bitbite11

bitbite11 Member

Audio Issues

Hey, so I just got metro last light, after loving 2033 I was ready to jump right in...until I noticed a large flaw. If I am aiming at any NPC, the sound becomes very muffled, as if they are speaking from behind something, or from a fair distance away. This sound issue affects all things where my crosshair is, for example: When I am firing, the sound is very muffled and completely ruins my game experience.

If I turn away from the NPC who is speaking, the sound is perfectly fine. I could live with doing this, alas since the sound is muffled when I am firing, it really ruins the game for me, and I was forced to put it down shortly after arriving at the firing range.

I searched on the web and found many many threads relating to this issue, yet to no avail as a fix does not seem readily available.

So I signed up to these forums to get some help, and would love some help on this issue, as I really want to enjoy this game.

4. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Have you tried switching from 5.1/7.1 to stereo? Any sound filters enabled? What sound card are you using? Maybe the problem is not in the game itself, but some of the hardware you're using?

5. bitbite11

bitbite11 Member

I've just been going through my headset options, and you may be right that its a hardware issue. When testing the surround sound, all of it plays fine except for the center speaker, which plays a very soft/muffled sound.

This also seems about right as I've been playing AC:Black Flag and during the cut scenes the sound also ends up muffed (although turning my volume up seemed to fix this somewhat)

Currently going to search for more solutions and see if I can turn my center speaker up somehow, as this is looking like it could be the problem.

EDIT: (Also as a bit of a side note, I am using Razer Megalodons with 7.1 surround sound, they don't seem to have an option to swap to stereo.)

#365 bitbite11, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
  6. Keegan83

Regular

Try through speaker settings in Windows, it should work.

7. onefornine

onefornine New Member

ok i love this game to death but crashes r making me reboot my computer.
    it worked fine 50+ hours with my old set up using gtx 480 sli. i recently upgraded to gtx 780 ti
    Crashes r completely random, runs for maybe 30mins to 2 hours without a crash and bam it crashes or have major stuttering.. one thing i noticed is that on my precision X it shows that my graphics card has 0 Power when the game crashes or freezes up. i have updated everything to the latest updates, my other games work flawlessly (bf4 res scale 150%, ac4, batman origins, far cry 3, witcher 2 with ubersampling everything maxed out on all games etc...) without a single stutter or problems.

only Metro last light causes this weird issue where i majorly stutter randomly leading to a game crashing/freezing ( both sometimes ) with 0 power on my graphics card. it doesnt seem to b connected to certain parts of the game, its entirely random. Also i lose my mouse pointer + 0% power still continues even if i shutdown the game.

My metro settings r all maxed out SSAA x2, Advanced physx @ 1920x1080 res
    In game Temp for cpu is 60~75
    Temp for gpu is 60~65
    Nvidia control panel settings
    i tried putting it on prefer max performance settings and adaptive under power management
    my cpu cores r all Unparked.

its been a month looking thru the internet for possible fixes and yet no one seems to have a similar problem.:(

any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you

My setup is.
    Windows 7 64bit
    i7 930 @ 4.00 ghz
    8gb/1600 ram
    p6x58d mobo
    gigabyte gtx 780 ti windforce x3 oc
    1000W PSU
    nvidia driver tested at 331.82, and 331.93 beta and validated game cache multiple times

8. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

60~75 degree temps are defineatly high enough to cause some crashing. That might be your problem. Try lowering the resolution a bit, or remove AA and try it out like that for a while. Play around with the settings a bit. Hopefully that works, and if it does, sorry that you won't be able to max metro out any more. :p

On the side, look for some stress test CPU software to see how much your cards can handle and then sync your cards to the results.

9. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

And check if your fans didn't shrivel up and die like mine did -_-

10. onefornine

onefornine New Member

i did prime stress test on full on the pcu for atleast 24 hours no errors

its just weird how it only affects metro last light ==;;
    i actually didnt think about lowering the settings since i can play 60fps constant with those settings stated. but i will try it.

i can play hours on bf4 or crysis 3 on max settings without any issues.

maybe the only solution to this issue is to wait for new drivers. since my graphics card is fairly new.

thnks for taking the time to reply. cheers.

11. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Those temperatures are pretty high for a CPU, although if you stress-tested it and it was fine for that long then I don't think it should be the problem. And changing video settings shouldn't change that at all. GPU temps are plenty fine, my card runs over 70.

I don't know much about how long it typically takes for drivers to get sorted out, although it does seem weird that only Metro is having that sort of problem. I'd just Google the problem to see if anyone else is having the same issue and wait a bit.

12. onefornine

onefornine New Member

yeh its just so strange... maybe my graphic card is faulty
    i tried the new driver 332.21
    still crashed lol.. maybe i should try my other pci-e slots see if that solves it..
    but then again.. why does it work flawlessly with other games thats more heavy on the graphics... maybe the graphics engine of this game is not working well with my card.

i also noticed that even tho it has 0 power showing in my precision X it still has 90% gpu usage. bah i dunno x(

- edit
    i thought it might be a faulty graphics card so i did a Furmark Burn in benchmark 1920 x 1080 15min
    got a score of 8424 points without any crashes or funny business. so yeh im lost.. ==;;

#372 onefornine, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2014
  13. ex_fuse

ex_fuse New Member

Is there a fix or alternative configuration on to the Stereo sound bug withh Metro Last Light on PS3 meanwhile ?

I have the same issue on my PS3.
    The ISSUE with METRO Last Light STEREO SOUND on PS3 is : I only hear the sound of any source (e.g. Pawel speaking) if I turn one ear in the direction of the source of sound. In other words I miss most of what is said !

14. gawdsmak

gawdsmak New Member

major ps3 bug making game unplayable 100%

Im not happy that I need to come here to post a bug that playtestors should have found, fire them all I say. Im already wasting alot of time to register for this site, so dont you dare say a darn word if im posting this "in the wrong place" because guess what, Im not getting paid for my time to report this ridiculous massive huge bug that renders the game 100%
    unplayable, so I couldn't care less where Im supposed to post this, like im going to waste even MORE of my time to try and figure that out? if anyone reading this sees its in the wrong place, THEN COPY it and PASTE it where it should be!

im playing this game on ps3 because its free for plus members. Ive gotten to the part where the comrad is being hanged. heres what happened, in the part just before the hanging checkpoint, where you have to kill tons of gaurds, I seem to remember exiting some water. after that happened i went into this mode where i could not be harmed, but i also could not shoot or attack! all i could do is walk around and also pressing start still brought up the menu. so i kept walking as a dozen guys tried to kill me buy couldnt, and then i got to the part where the guy is being hanged. well i still couldnt attack so i automaticly lose since i cant save him from being hanged. so i figured maybe reloading the checkpoint would allow the game to "reload" everything and fix this glitch, NOPE. I turn off the system restart the game continue from my checkpoint, STILL THE SAME MASSIVE BUG! i cannot attack or be hurt and i cant save the guy from hanging. Also no chance in the world im going to start over from the beginning. I HATE games that use checkpoints and wont allow you to save games whereever you want, and heres a prime reason why.
    so if you need more info or video or pictures let me know , but this bug is rendering the game 100% unplayable and should be investigated and fixed immediatly, i dont care if the game is old or not. Am i really the only one to ever find this bug?? wow!

15. Potarto

Select chapter. Restart the mission (fixes 99% of the bugs in this game). Take some time to chill out. You're not the first to run into scripting bugs, and you won't be the last. A temper isn't going to expedite the process of getting you help, either.

Also, these are unofficial, community-run forums; the developers aren't active over here at all. I could find you the link to the forum that they seem to occasionally frequent, but something tells me you're probably not fluent in Russian.

16. Potarto

Ah shit he's not on PC, looks like he's screwed.

17. Keegan83

Regular

Bitch,whine,bitch,whine,repeat... But wait, let's bitch a little more for a product that we got for free...
    Why not use your half brain next time? Reload chapter, restart whatever system you are playing on or simply start over!
    Yes i know, wasting time sucks. Maybe you should put a timer on your a** next time you go to take a s*it. And have some f*cking RESPECT-some of us may actually help you.
    If anyone has some free time to waste with you, that is.

18. Skaara Dreadlocks

If I was a bad admin, I would delete this comment by Keegan and be done with it. But instead of sweeping it under the carpet and giving him a little spank, I'll use this post of his as an example of how not to reply to Gawdsmak, and also as an opposition to how I will answer it.
    I agree with everything Keegan is saying, but not the way he's saying it. And so, he's no better than Gawdsmak himself.

I know registering here takes a lot of time and effort, but it unfortunately has to be that way because it's our only desperate protection against spambots.

I can understand that you're pissed. I would be too, but please don't take it out on us, because firstly we're not the ones who made the game or playtested the game, and secondly we're here to help you with this out of the kindness of our hearts to help people get the true experience out of this game, with no charge whatsoever.

There'll always be someone who just says "this is in the wrong place", and won't help you with the problem at all. That can be very provoking, I know, but you need to have patience and calm yourself down; it's the only way you'll actually get some help on the subject. :)

I'd love to help you with your problem, but unfortunately I have no idea why it bugs out like that, and I've never heard of that bug. Neither can I guarantee that reinstalling it will fix it. I also hate when games have this type of rare checkpoints, just like you do. I have a bug in Metro2033: After completing it four times, the fifth time I got stuck outside the map in the middle of the game. nothing fixed this. Reinstalling the game, getting a whole new computer with compatible hardware, nothing. It's like there's a curse over my steam-profile's Download-link of Metro2033. It's absolutely unfixable, and it pisses me off. Though I'm pretty sure reinstalling the game on your PS3 would work, hopefully.

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Umm... who the hell is this godsmack guy?
    :rofl: