Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

I kinda never need new filters(?) whenever I get to the point I should attach a new one (1:00 left) I take off the gas mask, and put it on again and tadaaa-new 5 minutes granted..
    Anyone else got this?

some other bugs: http://www.lastlightforum.com/showthread.php?t=6356

#341 Nontouchable, Jul 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2013
  2. Skaara Dreadlocks

I've always thought it automatically throws off the old filter and switches to a new one when you take the Gas mask off and back on, isn't that what happens?

3. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

oh that might be it, I'll make sure to check the remaining total time (visible when I press TAB, right?) and do the maths :)

4. The Gusten

The Gusten Well-Known Member

Playing on Xbox. Sometimes the sound disappears for about a second. It has been like this since launch and it hasn't been fixed yet. It really breaks the imersion of the game. Please fix it.

PS I really love this game and Metro 2033, keep up the good work:thumb:

5. HABAP

HABAP New Member

Is anyone know how to solve this graphic issue ?

[​IMG]

6. Jujx

Jujx New Member

After the mission where I
    Save Anna from getting her throat slit by taking off my mask, and then we both climb up the escalator
    the loading screen comes up and my game almost immediately closes. There is no error message associated to it. Is anyone else having the same/similar problem? I have beaten this part of the game about 10 times trying new settings to see if the game will go to the next stage but havent had any luck. If anyone knows a fix that would be greatly appreciated.

7. douglast5

douglast5 New Member

I am having the exact same issue. Finishing the mission either way doesn't change anything. I am playing on steam and running it in safemode or verifying game contents doesn't do anything.

This has been the only issue I have gotten playing the game, no other bugs. I just got to this point lastnight.

Artyom says "The pieces are begning to fall into" then it crashes. Black screen to desktop and no message.

8. Jujx

Jujx New Member

I tried re-installing the game, and re-installing my graphics drivers. Both of which failed to solve the problem.

9. Jujx

Jujx New Member

To fix it, I alt tabbed right when the loading screen popped up, and let it auto load. Weird how that works.

10. douglast5

douglast5 New Member

I tried that, and it would just crash as soon as I alt-tab out.

11. Nontouchable

Nontouchable Member

ok you were right, just finished the game yesterday.. omg such a short story :p

12. Yeoman1000

Yeoman1000 New Member

I have an issue with my game crashing to desktop. It happens just as I get into Theatre station, and as its loading the next level, it crashes/minimises to desktop. (I don't get any message or warning of any kind). So far, it happens at that point without fail, but nowhere else.

I've tried verifying the games cache on steam, and updated my AMD drivers. What else should I try?

Specs are i5-2500k, 1GB 6850, if that's helpful.

Thanks,

13. Borrow an NVidia GPU, check if the glitch happens on it as well. File a support ticket in steam and wait for a patch.

Use someone else's save game to load one of the next levels (Korbut or Revolution) and watch the parts you missed on YT in the meanwhile.

14. metro_style

metro_style New Member

Ok my problem like someone mentioned before, I can't even get into the game, I get a black screen with an out of range message.

Weirdly, I can run the benchmarks though.

I'm running a gtx 560TI.

thx

15. Zakalwe

Zakalwe New Member

Crash to Desktop during Level Load

Hi All,

I seem to be having the same issue as a few of the other people here:

When I finish the level where I save Anna (Contagion) and the cutscene happens. I make it to the loading screen for Epidemic. But after 1/2 seconds it crashes to desktop. No error message.

My specs are:
    Windows 7 64 Bit
    AMD Phenom II X4 940 (Slight OC - Played the game this far no problem though)
    Gigabyte ATI 7870 (No OC) - Driver: 13.5 beta 1 - I believe this had Metro LL fixes.
    8Gb Ram DDR2 800

Running at 1920 x 1080. No Tess, No PhysX. Low AA and AF. Very High detail though.

I have tried:
    1) Replaying from Autosave (Safe Mode On & Off)
    2) Replaying entire Contagion Level

If an admin could reply/email that would be great.

16. OddlyShapedTree

OddlyShapedTree New Member

I seem to have the same loading screen crash issue. I updated my g35 software same thing. I disabled background windows apps, same thing. Verified the games cache, same thing. Disabled my anti-virus, all with the same problem. Though one thing to note is that I get a bit further along with every attempted fix. But still nonetheless it crashes. Probably an in game issue that will need an update to fix.

17. OddlyShapedTree

Also at the part after Anna almost gets her throat slit

18. Thatoneguy

Thatoneguy New Member

Same issue as Jujx, Douglast5, Zakalwe, and Oddlyshapedtree. Game crashes to desktop a couple seconds into the load screen after Saving Anna.

Reinstalled/updated video drivers, ran game in safe mode, replayed entire level, tried all sorts of video settings, re-verified files through Steam, and the alt tab thing Jujx suggested.

System:
    CPU - I5 3570K no overclock
    Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth
    Memory - 8 Gig Mushkin PC3-12800
    Video card - EVGA GTW 560 Ti 448FTW

EDIT: After playing with it a while longer I gave up and got an "unlocker" from game copy world. I used #1. Backup your previous save files(in case they ever fix this problem) then copy just the files themselves into your folder. The folder name should be something odd like Metro LL/1006584b2A6. For Steam I found mine in My Documents. Just got to chapter select and start from where you left off. Must be a glitch in the save files themselves that causes the crash.

#358 Thatoneguy, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2013
  19. kilo_bravo

kilo_bravo Member

Kshatriya i had a bug on the Kshatriya level DLC where i tried to swap for the helsing and it put it in the third slot (on ranger mode) so i couldn't use it at all

20. OddlyShapedTree

They just updated the game and it worked fine no problem all the way until the end.