Metro: Last Light Bugs, problems and glitches

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013.

1. epicfailarrives

epicfailarrives New Member

Just installed.

Can't change resolution, no resolutions are listed, try to change resolution and get a game crash. *Fix* Fix for this issue is to disconnect any other monitors you have connected to your PC... I guess having more than one monitor connected to your video card is unacceptable...

Never mind that you can't adjust FOV.

gg.

#1 epicfailarrives, May 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2013
  2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Two try's and he's down for the count.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

ahhhhhhaa!:smash:
    I don't quite believe you because I've played the some of the crapyiest of crap console port overs in my life and there is an option for resolution change; but why don't you show the rest of us this " non existent option menu" by taking a screen shot, simply press F12.

4. epicfailarrives

You don't seem to understand. Yes, there is a section for video options and yes one of those options is 'resolution' but there is nothing listed under resolutions, it's blank.

If you try to cycle through the arrows to find or choose a resolution, the game crashes. If you manually edit the config file for your resolution, it doesn't work.

And this is happening to others as well, already showing up on the Steam forums.

Console-port turdpile bugfest at its finest. I guess changing resolution is an option we don't need............

5. NuclearWastE3

Regular

Apologies for the misconception. Hopefully Steam quickly comes out with an update.

Edit: Quck question: Is there anything else that comes with the pre-order other than what is already know, Ranger Hardcore, more MG bullets, weapons, etc.?

#5 NuclearWastE3, May 14, 2013
  6. Dungeoncrawler

30 FPS Lock?

Running the game on a 120hz monitor, but in-game I seem to be locked at 30fps. I've switched my monitor to 60hz, tried both in-game vsync off/on, and tried forcing it through nvidia control panel, but still 30fps. I'm running on the newest beta drivers. Any ideas? Thank you.

edit - srry guys, just noticed i'm in the wrong place :rolleyes: Can a mod kindly move this to the general thread?

#6 Dungeoncrawler, May 14, 2013
  7. Dungeoncrawler

I'm able to change resolutions without crashing. However the game does hang for an unusual amount of time while doing it.

8. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Are your computers up to spec?

9. epicfailarrives

I've spoke to other people getting the crash. We are running different video cards, drivers, resolution etc. Can't find a commonality that is causing it. Some people running nvidia cards with the same drivers or AMD cards are able to change resolution fine and do not get a crash...

Going to try disabling tray apps and anti virus programs etc. See if I can find the cause. I am using nvidia cards with the 320.14 betas and my resolution is 2560x1600.

10. geronimosan

geronimosan Member

Game Crashing Repeatedly

For many people, the game starts up in some odd resolution. When we enter Video Options, there are no values available in the Resolution field, and clicking on the arrows crashes the game.

(I had links to two separate Steam forum threads that would have helped troubleshooting, but these forums seem to have some rule about not being able to post URLs until I have made 15 other posts. How dumb.)

You mods may not like your consumers mocking this being a console port, but the reality is that, whether console port has anything to do with it or not, this is just another example of the gaming industry being lazy while trying to maximize profits, and it is very frustrating to the consumer.

11. TotalAaron

My mate is getting 120+ :) is your computer up to spec?

12. Dungeoncrawler

Thanks for the reply. Yea, I'm running top-of-the-line gpu's and proc. I'll try disabling sli, or devoting a card to physx.

13. TotalAaron

Well i kow for a fact its not capped ill look it it up for you :)

14. TotalAaron

This may blow your mind but what exactly is the problem? is your computer up to spec? this is a extremely demanding piece of kit

15. geronimosan

geronimosan Member

I already described in detail what the problem is.

Computer specs:
    i7-990x OC'ed @4.5Ghz
    680GTX 2xSLI
    24GB RAM
    SSD drive
    30" moniter @ 2560x1600

I am an avid video and photo editor and gamer. Everything else I throw at my machine works just fine. That said, my computer wouldn't cause resolution values to not appear in the game's UI - the game would. Thus, the problem lies within the game.

#15 geronimosan, May 14, 2013
  16. TotalAaron

Cant help you mate

17. Dungeoncrawler

I know its not capped, but something is up? Disabling sli didn't work either. I'll load this onto my 680 system and see if its indigenous to my titans?

18. TotalAaron

Try disabling SLAA or whatever it is called

19. NuclearWastE3

Regular

This is offtopic, but you have alot of RAM; and I don't know how to help you on this one.

20. Dwannago

Dwannago Member

Seems to be a driver issue.Did you tried clean install method ? Since it's a beta driver, issues may happen on some system while others don't even when they have same specs.

#20 Dwannago, May 14, 2013