Metro: Last Light - A prequel or a sequel?

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Campaign Discussion' started by metrofan247, May 5, 2011.

1. metrofan247

metrofan247 Member

well, we know that the sequel, story-wise, to Metro 2033 is Metro 2034...so does that mean Last Light is a prequel? Or somewhere in between 2304 and 2033?

2. Zora

Zora Member

I think it'll be somewhere in between. Or maybe even after 2304.

3. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

According to Wikipedia:

4. MrCatastropher

MrCatastropher Active Member

I heard from an interview(which date or name I can't remember) it takes place 20 years after the events of Metro 2033 and is not related to Metro 2034 but Dmitry has been involved with Metro: Last Light.

5. Jester33

Jester33 Member

the 4A devoper or someone said that it will take 1 year after the ending of Metro 2033 and arytom is a Ranger,and khan will still be with you

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

All I know from official info is this: the game isn't based on any of the books this time, but it follows the "bad" ending of Metro 2033.

7. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that means its a sequel.

8. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

It's absolutley a sequel to metro 2033, but as Bamul said: it's not gonna follow the book Metro 2034.
    And the first book didnt really follow the story too much either.
    (I would really like too be in the Kreml station in the game) xD

9. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

i think at the start of last light there will be a prologue video showing what happened after blowing the crap out of dark ones

10. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's nice, can't wait to see it if they do it. I really like the Dark Ones,
    I hope at least a few survived somehow. :( Anyway, I'm also just very interested in what happened to the people and metro stations in general after that big event.

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's good. I've completed the first game twice and ordered the novel the day before yesterday (will hopefully arrive by Monday). It would suck if everything was the same, because then it wouldn't be as interesting to read. But it's 500 pages, so they definitely missed out a lot of stuff. :D

12. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

i hope the metro had enough balls to stand one more hit :p

13. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ah, that's the story for Last Light: Artyom sends the missiles, and destroys most of the Metro. Now everyone is out to get him, and he's gonna have his "last light" (last cigarette before he dies). :) Juuuust kidding.

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Heh, that's a quite clever way of putting it. xD

15. Oleg

Oleg Member

1 year after the ending of Metro 2033(Officialy)

16. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

In one of the interviews some clown asked THQ "Can you sell the lightbulbs that Artyom unscrews?" and they answered "Why do you think it's called Last Light?" :)

17. sempiedade

sempiedade Member

well, in some sites I read it takes place in 2034, and other sites says is takes place 20 years after 2033, but than Artyom would be ~50 years old?

I think its 2034, well, Im almoust sure its 2034

18. Paradigm-Spirit

I've read that it actually takes place directly after you destroy the Dark One's home. You have to climb back down the Ostakino Tower, regroup with what's left of the Rangers, and make a report back at Polis. After the use of the nukes, the entire metro is alerted to the existence of D6. Both the Nazis and the Reds are keen to take possession of those nukes and military hardware (in case people have forgotten, under D6 is a TON of military equipment - guns, heavy weaponry, tanks, even fuggin' CRUISE MISSILES! You see this as you are taking a ride on an elevator with Miller, who says "With fire and sword shall we take back our world."). This is the threat alluded to by Artyom in a video where he refers to "terrible secrets, long hidden by our forefathers." Metro: Last Light will be about a huge arms race between factions in the Metro.

Also, don't forget this...when the Dark One's lair was destroyed, there was significant seismic activity. There are quite possibly huge caverns around the metro housing all sort of f&^*ed up mutants. When holes between the metro and those caverns are opened up, an arms race will be the last thing Metro dwellers will have to worry about. The Metro will be FLOODED with Nosalises, Howlers, Lurkers and who knows what the f--- else. You know the quote "Fear the Future" from the game? Well, I am very fuggin' afraid.

19. This is so full of errors.

20. Blaastoid

Blaastoid Member

Metro: Last Light Reply

Just like Bamul said, I liked the Dark Ones a lot too and hope that at least a few survived. I hope they play at most a small part in the storyline.