Metro 2033 underrated

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by Luster, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Luster

Luster Well-Known Member

Do you believe that Metro 2033 was an underrated game?

2. Cheaptrix

Cheaptrix Member

It certainly was. Nobody seems to really know about it, and if they do most people didn't like it due to its problems.

A "flawed masterpiece" imo would be a good way to put it.

3. profx

profx Member

it was underrated, but there was a reason for that...

4. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I looked forward to it, and it met my expectations, if not surpass them. People say that the bullet-exchange is confusing, but I just couldn't see that. Another "flaw" was getting stuck in stairs... what? I've played it four times (each time with extensive traveling), and have never ever gotten "stuck" in the scenery.

5. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

I think that it was underrated. It did have its flaws however. I think the problem was that people have a very all or nothing idea about video games. They are looking for the next Halo, or Call of Duty. You know, tried and true stuff. Plus, games cost too much for gamers to risk trying something they may not like.

6. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

I'm glad it's. Otherwise every kid and troll will attack to game and talk nonsense over it. Besides, I really don't care what others think about what I like. It's their loss.

oh hello btw. :)

7. Ashtrax

Ashtrax Well-Known Member

I've never had problems with any scenery and I do remember one critic saying that the characters in the game had eyes that were 'too white'. The more people that played the game for the sake of it, the more criticism that would arise. I stumbled across the game and loved it and perhaps that's the best way...rather than play it because its all over advertising boards etc, its better to discover it yourself. I would have liked more weapons personally but tbf the weapons available have several attachments that satisfied me. I guess the only flaw was the AI, like some of the mutants would jump onto a cart and just stand there waiting for you to blast them rather than removing your face in an instant.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

This. For me, it's a 10 out of 10/one-of-a-kind/prime type of game. But everyone has different tastes, so I can see why others may dislike it; it isn't a game for everyone. However, it's best that those trolls and kids stay away as far as they possibly can from awesome, underground-ish games like Metro 2033 until they are mature enough to appreciate the work put into designing a fantastic game like that, and finally stop giving it a bad name.

9. thuner

thuner Well-Known Member

When they do that, Pigs WILL fly xD

10. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

of course it was IGN gave it 6/10 -_-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I agree. xD