Metro 2033 shots, fire, effects distorsionated

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion & Support' started by lance, Aug 21, 2014.

1. lance

lance New Member

Hi everybody anyone could help me?

When i run the game, i see flashlights bugs for example when i look a fire, when i shoot my weapon, in a scene, its annoying.

I tried to do everything, putting grpahics at minimun, lowest resolution, turn off phisics X, i also changed the user.cfg file r_api to 0, but the problem persists, anyone could help me?

i also reinstalled the game, updated my drivers, im desperated.

I have three screenshots showing the problem, but i cant post here them cause this site says i need at least 15 messages until putting urls, sorry for my awful english

#1 lance, Aug 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2014
  2. You can post the links without the www. on them and spaces after dots, and I'll fix them for you. Until that I assume you have the same bug as this from MLL:

[​IMG]

The general solution to this is to switch the game to DX9 and update the drivers, but since you've already done that, the only solution seems to change the videocard. See if you can borrow one from someone you know and check if the bug appears with it as well.

You might have used the wrong user.cfg file too. There are several backups of them in the following folders, the game will overwrite your changes in case a wrong one is edited:

• ...\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\4A Games\Metro 2033 ...
    • ...\Steam\userdata\%usernumber%\43110\remote\...
    • ...\Steam\SteamApps\common\Metro 2033\...

I also assume you have Windows 7. You might need to enable hidden folders to see the files, here is how.