Metro 2033 Pre-Alpha, circa 2006

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Media' started by Komodo Saurian, Apr 11, 2015.

1. I got my hands on the Metro 2033 prototype. According to the design documents it went by the name "METRO: Nightmare's World" at the time.

[YOUTUBE]P_SD84OKl7w[/YOUTUBE]

2. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

every video posted is just a white box for me

3. You might want to update your flash player.

4. TheDarknessEnvelops

oh, god no, I've installed mcafee with it

5. TheDarknessEnvelops

6. Oh no, now you'll have to burn your computer down before it spreads!

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Amazing! :D
    Nice find, Komodo. Crazy to think how far the 4A engine has come from something that looked like Half-Life 1. Speaking of HL1, that gameplay footage reminded me of some of the kinds of mods that could be found, for the game (at least the style). I actually wouldn't have minded if Metro 2033 came with graphics like that. Just as long as the animations and sounds were better made, I'd imaged I would've been a happy camper. IMO, for some reason, I think game with lower graphics -if it's a horror game- tend to be creepier than one with modern graphics.

@Darkness: Did the white box have a puzzle piece icon in the center? If so, you could have right clicked on it and selected "Run this plug-in.".....The horror of mcaffe, though.

8. That happens because it is left to your imagination to fill in the lacking detailed features.

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

That is so strange :twitch:

10. TheDarknessEnvelops

I can't still see it even after sacrificing part of my computer to hold mcafee, so much has been lost for so little

11. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, this is the same one that was published several times, but still thanks for sharing. Must have been nice to actually play it though and see how it felt. :)

12. Arvis

Arvis Member

I had no idea game was in development for so long time. Graphics difference then and now is just massive. It seems like a totally different game.

13. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

The discrepancy in graphics is really big, I agree but a lot of the gameplay elements got upgraded since this video. It was a pretty big development span.