METRO 2033 Playthrough (HD)

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by EdinhoGaming, Dec 17, 2012.

1. EdinhoGaming

EdinhoGaming Active Member

Hi guys,

as some of you know I'm new in the "Metroverse", and just recently started to play the game. Since I have a gaming channel on YouTube, I decided to do a playthrough and hope some of you will enjoy it. I have to say that I usually do commentary on sports games, so this is a new experience to me. I'm hoping the quality of the playthroughs will rise for each part. Also, if my freak outs are a bit over the top, it's because I'm easily excited in video games :D

As for now, we can say that the "action" really begins in Part 4.

All feedback is highly appreciated!

Part 1 - "OMG"
    [YOUTUBE]d8WUvRHUXTE[/YOUTUBE]

Part 2 - "The survival of the fittest"
    [YOUTUBE]nl6QFkShCJ0[/YOUTUBE]

Part 3 - "Caravan"
    [YOUTUBE]VcENdeKmDUc[/YOUTUBE]

Part 4 - "Killing my own"
    [YOUTUBE]AiG5mqfbFtI[/YOUTUBE]

#1 EdinhoGaming, Dec 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2012
  2. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

Really Great Videos. You play on Console or PC?

3. EdinhoGaming

Thank's man, I really appreciate it :)

I play on the xbox 360.

4. I Hate Lurkers

I Hate Lurkers Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Me, too. Most of the people here play on pc or playstation, so message me if you have need an help with getting past a part or something.

5. EdinhoGaming

If anyone has more feedback to me I'd really appreciate it. Should the videos be longer/shorter? more talking/less talking?

6. EdinhoGaming

Part 5 - "Left alone"

[YOUTUBE]Jkl5TTPlrq4[/YOUTUBE]

7. Nod2033

Nod2033 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have only watched part 1,

I like what you do there! :)

And none of those, I think you talk just fine and in the right moments.

8. EdinhoGaming

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate it :D Struggling to get an audience on youtube, so I'm happy that people on here take there time to watch a video :)

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I will watch these and post some feedback once my Christmas school break starts - which is in two days. :)

10. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

You speak fine man, it's good to hear your reactions as you play it too instead of you starting again and already having made an opinion on the game.

Your reaction to killing Bandits made me laugh a lot :laugh:

It's weird seeing someone else play the game, especially someone who's never played it before. It was kind of painful watching you struggle there, especially with the ammo and reloading.
    I was sat here screaming like "No don't go there, search in here then go down there!"

I wonder what I was like when playing this game for the first time.

Great videos by the way.

11. EdinhoGaming

LOL, i litterally lol'd. I'm drunk now, but thanks dfor the feedback, I appreciate all your comments, PEACE MUTANTS

12. SwordBreaker

SwordBreaker Active Member

I prefer watching LP videos less than 10 minutes and you are on good track. :)

13. EdinhoGaming

Sweet, good luck with your finals :)

14. EdinhoGaming

Part 6 now up, "Saved by a mutant"

[YOUTUBE]zuAtu2bE2BE[/YOUTUBE]

15. RedJacketMan

RedJacketMan Well-Known Member

Really liking them so far, they look great. I like the energy you, and a lot of commentators have when they do a playthrough video.

16. EdinhoGaming

Thank you :) I will try to upload one more part tomorrow, before taking a few days off because I'm going out of town for christmas. You all have a merry one :)

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

As promised, I watched all of your Let's Play videos for Metro today. To be honest with you, I think you're not that good at the game right now. :p Perhaps picking normal was the right choice for a first playhtrough after all, but I still recommend having another go on a harder difficulty once you finish the game and get to know it better, so you can discover all of its secrets and see all the little details you may have missed the first time round.

You missed quite a lot of things - such as pulling the strings of the guitar, talking to people, taking the postcard that Hunter brings to you, listening to conversations of most other characters, going to the firing range, talking to Artyom's stepfather Alex/Sukhoi before leaving Riga, entering the side passages, and so on. However, all of these are optional actions. Maybe you missed them because you didn't want the videos to be too long. Or perhaps you just didn't know about them - which is understandable, since none of this is explained in the game and the player has to learn on his own. You will too. :)

I'm more surprised about how terrible you are with managing your ammo, looking around for weapons & more rounds, as well as missing the little bonus here and there. Also, what you pulled with not seeing the stairs made me shout at the screen. :p Anyway, I'm not saying it's your fault. With games like CoD and its numerous clones all over the market, modern shooters teach us that we don't have to look for anything ourselves and everything will be laid out in front of us. Metro 2033 is the exact opposite of that, even though it has a linear structure. I made many of the same mistakes on my first playthrough just as you did, but I've completed the game three more times since then and know how to handle pretty much all of it. In time, you will learn too. Besides, playing with a controller is probably a bit harder than playing with a keyboard and mouse. Anyway, I highly recommend playing more games that don't hold your hand - games like Metro. They offer a much more unique and challenging experience than normal games. ;)

As for the Let's Play itself: it's great. I've enjoyed watching all of the videos - even if you baffled me with a few mistakes every now & then. :p Anyway, the more mistakes you make, the more you will learn! :D Your reactions are entertaining, your commentary is interesting and I didn't find any of the videos boring. Personally though, I prefer Let's Plays at around the 10 minute mark in length, but I know many who prefer even longer ones. Still, I'd recommend that you stick with 10-15 minute videos. Even though you're still learning how to play the game well, I can see that you are able to appreciate its great atmosphere and story regardless of how inaccessible it is to new players - and I'm glad that you like it and that you're willing to give it the time that many others refuse to dedicate. I liked all of the vids after watching them to show my appreciation. :)

Btw, this quote: "Why are we killing people, when the whole of humanity is attacked by freaking mutants?" sums up the stupidity of our species very well. :lol:

18. EdinhoGaming

Wow, thank's for all this amazing feedback! I guess I deserve being bashed a bit because of my skills at this point :laugh: Some of it, as the not talking to a lot of people and not looking for ammo/credit, is as you suggested partly because of trying to make the videos as interesting as possible and not too long. But I guess being slightly more aware of my surroundings coudn't hurt :D

I'm really glad you are enjoying the videos in whole! I'm trying to make the commentary as interesting as I can. Also, I really appreciate the likes :) I have two more parts to upload before christmas, hopefully tomorrow(and if you think I was bad with ammo in my previous parts....LOL!!, getting so much worse)

Thank's again !:)

BTW: What can you use the guitar strings for ???

#18 EdinhoGaming, Dec 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2012
  19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sorry if I came across as a bit too critical. However, I was being honest, I just hope I didn't sound mean. :p I look forward to seeing more of these videos. :)

20. EdinhoGaming

@ Bamul

not at all! i appreciate all feedback! constructive criticism is always welcome.

Part 7: "Ammoless Artyom"

[YOUTUBE]PKUjQ3dtlcY[/YOUTUBE]