Metro 2033/Last Light Translations

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by BrutalLemon, Aug 20, 2014.

1. BrutalLemon

BrutalLemon Active Member

I don't speak Russian.

After playing through all the Stalker games I found a website that had translated a-lot of the in-game dialogue, the signs and writing on walls etc..

I was just wondering if anyone knows if this has been done for the Metro series?

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Well the dialogue should be in English, but I don't know anything about changing in-game assets. The modding community for the game is pretty sparse, if notable at all.

3. Textures are relatively easy to replace. Sounds are the easiest of the bunch, but still a pain in the ass. Swapping models... eehhhhh, doable.

But I'm not entirely sure anyone will bother enough to do this.

[​IMG]

[YOUTUBE]R5iiVJMBoqI[/YOUTUBE]

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

(Inner modder) Hehe replace it with elmo!

But yeah i think it would just be to much work for something that in the end just ruins immersion

5. BrutalLemon

BrutalLemon Active Member

Ooo, sexy Russian lady. Would love this in my game :eek:

I mean more like the writing on signs, walls and books etc. If anyone has played Bioshock Infinite (i'm sure there are more games that do it but this one comes to mind) like an art subtitle option. I have screenshots of the one's in particular I mean and it sucks I can't post em. Oh well, i'll post em up when I can. Hopefully someone could maybe translate them.

They are as you are going up the first staircase with Anna after the station platform. There are loads of skeletons and scribbling on the wall if anyone's interested in looking.