Metro 2033 Last Hope

Discussion in 'Movies, TV & Music' started by triumphpi, Dec 1, 2014.

1. triumphpi

triumphpi Member

2. Skaara Dreadlocks

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

It was mixed in my opinion. For a fan film it wasn't bad, but the acting isn't very good at all and the plot is stupid. Two other things also annoyed me, namely the fact that many of the actors mispronounced Артём as if it was just Артем and, even though it was in Polish, the gas mask dialogue was so hard to understand that I had to put the subtitles on in those sections. I did really like the locations and gear (even though the latter looked brand new). It's a wasted opportunity to be honest, as instead of creating their own story they just sort of took the stuff from the game and jumbled it up. They could have even set it in Poland (as that's where they filmed it - namely Gdańsk), as one of the novels from the Universe of Metro 2033 series takes place in this country anyway so it's sort of canon.

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

ah cut them some slack sure its no

[YOUTUBE]kSGXLQD0PoY[/YOUTUBE]

But they still did a great job :)

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I can see that they put effort into it and I pointed out some of the things I liked, but the acting really brings it down. Perhaps you guys can't see this because it's not in your native language (for yous it's literally like watching a foreign film with subtitles). :p

6. Skaara Dreadlocks

Bamul pretty much said everything that I was too lazy to say, so I just went "Very good :)" :)

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

:lol: Spot on.
    I agree with your points too, Bamul; but I think I might have enjoyed it more just because of the reason you mentioned above. I have to say, though, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie -even with the poor acting :p. My favorite part was when they would say Artyom's name....Nah, just kidding. My favorite part was when they were up on the surface. The part where Bourbon kills the guys in the hallway was alright, then it picked up again once Artyom was alone for a while, but then it died a bit once he was with the nazi. Really, the only problem that I had with it was that some scenes were too dark and I couldn't see what was going on. The story was kinda shitty and the actors sometimes jumped from one thought to another, without an explanation, throughout the entire movie -which is alright because we've played the games and are familiar with the general story; but, for somebody who's never heard of Metro 2033 and this is the first time they've been exposed to the Metro universe, then I imagine some parts of it would be confusing to them.

Still, it was pretty cool. I don't have any friends or know of anyone that lives near me that would want to film a short based in the Metro 2033 universe. I have friends that are into post-apocalyptic things, but not so much to make a movie of the same genre; so, just that alone -having a group of friends to shoot a Metro 2033 film with you- is pretty damn cool.

One last thing: I think the guy who was sitting on the floor and sharpening a knife (by the way, that's not the way you should sharpen a knife), when "Artyom" asked for a guide to the surface, looked a little bit too much like the lead singer, Axle Rose, from the 80s rock group Guns and Roses :D
    [​IMG]
    I couldn't get a good enough screenshot of the guy in the movie, but if your brave enough to watch it again, just skip to 6:22 to get a better look at his face and compare the two!:p