Metro 2033 In 3D

Discussion in 'Metro 2033 Forums' started by majnu, Apr 14, 2012.

1. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

I just played Metro in 3D and all I can say is OMFG! It's brilliant, one of the best 3D games I've played. PC is definitely the way to play it. :D

2. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

metro 2033 is out in 3D? i have never heard of that.

3. Vlad

Vlad Well-Known Member

Theres an option for 3d in the metro menu, but i think its pc only im not sure

4. BORIS13

BORIS13 Well-Known Member

wow thats amazing. i never really new that. i thought that it wud be an option for last light but never for 2033.

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Yes it's PC only. You can have it on consoles if you have a 2D to 3D TV/Monitor but it wasn't the same experience as playing it on PC.

I have an AMD card and ran it through the Tri Def software and it worked like a dream.

6. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey! I might give it a try with this "Tri Def"software then.My TV is 3d capable,so all i need is the glasses,right?

7. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Nvidia and Tridef both have free trials. For Nvidia you use their '3DTV Play'. Tridef has more option you must configure to make it look right, at least thats the experience i had on my 46". Also, Tridef purposely minimizes the depth of the gun, so it looks flat. I'm still not quite sure why they do it.

Is it an active or passive 3DTV? For Nvidia, it must be on their list of useable TVs, otherwise you'll have to contact them to enable it, which they will do. Not sure about Tridef, but if your TV isn't a 2012 model, you should be fine i would guess. If its a passive 3DTV, you have some other options which im not 100% familiar with, but i can send you in the right direction.

Make sure to raise up the depth value so that distant objects are causing your eyes to realistically stare almost straight on, like they would in real life. Thats the key to the life-like 3D depth that games have that 3D movies lack. Basically the world should look as if its laid out before you.

#7 Thane, Apr 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  8. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

You saved me explaining it. Thanks lol

9. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

Nvidia and some other 3rd party vendors have come up with a way to automatically convert games to 3D. Its totally customizable unlike movies, so it looks like a window into a holodeck. Movies sort of look like they have the depth of a theater stage.

10. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

11. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

12. Thane

Thane Well-Known Member

You'll likely have to submit the info on the TV to Nvidia and wait for them to release an update to 3DTV Play, which is fairly quick. Other than that it should work fine.

One thing to note about buying 3DTV's is they are not all created equal. That should most likely be a good one, but there are 2 factors you should take into consideration, input lag and crosstalk. 3DTV's have a little input lag. Most of them are just fine to play on. My is one with a lot of it and i've gotten used to it, that being a newer TV, it will probably be fine, but you might wait for a review are search for a TV that has been reviewed with the same internal hardware. Most 2011 TV have improved input lag levels over 2010, so most anything from 2012 should be equal or better. The Sharp LE835u from 2011 I tried had none that i could detect. Crosstalk is what happens when pixels can't fully change colors quick enough from the picture of one eye to the picture of the other eye. You'll see a faint "ghost" image when a light object in in front of a dark background for example. LCD is the worst, but they also have very bright panels, which is why i prefer them. The good news is i have a middle line first generation (2010) 3DTV which has quite a bit of crosstlak and i've completely able to ignore it. That TV you linked to and any 2011 TV, with some exeptions (EX Sony series) should have much, much less than mine. So input lag is probably the only thing i'd worry about really.

Also, i feel i should warn you since i wasn't warned when i bought my 3DTV. You may be limited to 720p, side-by-side or Checkerboard resolutions. There is a chance that TV will do 1080p, but it not likely. Its due to HDMI limitations, which might be solved this year in some TVs, but you'd have to take a laptop to a store with a program called Monitor resource manager to know for your self. I prefer my 46" with 720p over my last monitor, the 2560x1600 Dell 30" and i'm thankful i went the 3D route, i almost didn't simply because i had no idea it had reached this level of quality.

#12 Thane, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012