Metal Gear Solid 5

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by TotalAaron, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I heard it's kinda lacking in story (not the quality of the plot, but how little of it there is and how it is delivered)?

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Its almost the exact opposite of guns of the patriots, Snake almost never speaks with ocelot and miller taking up almost all of the spoken dialogue i have just finished going through the tapes you get that function as this games version of codec intel and well its okay i guess

The story is a kind of a let down for me as i know the lore of this shit backwards but well its functional just yell I WANT REVENGE!!! REVENGE!!

REVENGE!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Yeah, being able to customize weapons is a huge gain, especially since you can then basically put a suppressor on almost anything.

4. TotalAaron

Aarons world famous tip #3 the cardboard box is the best thing in video games its just the most useful tool ever invented

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Especially since it blocks bullets, yeah.

Also spoiler: Don't forget not to quote if you don't want to read them, since the text shows through.

Just finished the plague section. Didn't manage to figure out the plague, ended up just running around MB for 15 minutes knocking soldiers out trying to zoom in on their mouths, to no avail. Lost at least 1/3 of my guys to it before I got the cure worked out through main missions. Boss fight with the Skulls was pretty tough, took me quite a few tries to find a place with enough cover to not get constantly shredded by rifle fire. Going to hunt down the solanthroposaurus or whatever next.

6. Since all of my other projects are stalling, I've decided to do a walkthrough of MGS5 on my channel. Story mode, as usual. All markers and assists turned off. One mission per video. This should be fun, anyone cares to take a look?

[YOUTUBE]9I44aUK-br8[/YOUTUBE]

7. Autumnal Wanderer

Autumnal Wanderer Level 28 Ranger

8. TotalAaron

Head asplodes HOW!!!! WHY!! WHO!! o_O

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

I haven't played this game, but I keep seeing screenshot after screenshot from my friends in Steam of that woman in underwear, what's the deal with that? :lol:

10. Are you sure?
    That's a big plot spoiler.
    For reals.
    She was experimented upon after being severely burned in the opening of the game. She has special parasites living in her body enabling her to breathe and drink through her skin and feed off of sunlight like a plant at the cost of speaking possibly causing her death. She can suffocate if she wears too many clothes.

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

That has got to be the best excuse I have ever heard so far, for putting a sexy soldier-girl in extremely light clothing :rofl:
    Gotta give it to them though; they are creative, that's for sure. I am into Science Fiction, but this is just plain Fantasy :lol:

12. I don't think it's relevant this long after the release, but whatever:

[YOUTUBE]GhX2J0cEBcI[/YOUTUBE]

13. TotalAaron

The more of this game i play the less amused i am in a big way

14. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

What do you mean? Have you basically just had a bit too much or are you more furious about what Konami did to the game's story? :p

15. A new part of me fumbling through is out:

[YOUTUBE]iBEf2UTKvXA[/YOUTUBE]

Here is exposition uploaded separately too:

[YOUTUBE]gb4OxHopy4w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]U7FT7tQA0sw[/YOUTUBE]

16. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Interesting video about TPP, but it contains heavy spoilers for the game and most other entries in the entire series:

[YOUTUBE]KO4Tusk_V2k[/YOUTUBE]

17. TotalAaron

Well i think enough time has passed since i last played it to give my thoughts

Extreme spoilers warning

Part 1 From Intro to the half way mark

I at the beggining was very happy, the hospital intro was everything i wanted, a series of great cutscenes with some very cool moments interspersed throughout.

Then we got to the main game and my enjoyment fell in a big way, the open world is great do not get me wrong, but it was not what i wanted, i wanted another MGS 2 or 3 a simple mission were things happen, take the third game for a example, sneak in do stuff cool boss fight, base explodes the end. that is what i was expecting in this one and i did not get it.

Instead we got a half metal gear, there was no support team, no CODEC or Radio, no real plot until the end, a severe lack of cutscenes. it was a mess and the entire thing just made me sad.

Part 2 the second act

The second chapter was a disaster, rehashed missions took from the experience and just left the whole second act with a horrible taste. and thats not counting the horrible side people, quiet was just awful, eli made no sense, codetalker was a joke.

This game was just not what i wanted at all

18. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

This might already be a thread but I think this game is amazing. It's my first metal gear and the story makes no sense to me but the gameplay is exceptional.
    I might have some disagreements but I think that it's better than the witcher 3 for open worlds because as I read somewhere, it's open world isn't massive or crowded and every character has a reason for being in the map.
    I've just never come across a game with such good gameplay which is why I think I like it so much. Just my two cents.

19. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

No worries, I merged the two threads. Though Aaron's thread was quite high up on the first page so you could've looked. :p I disagree with it being better than W3, but that's probably because the Polish version is something else entirely (additionally the story/characters/world are much more meaningful to the player after reading the 7 previous books). Plus MGSV reuses missions in a very cheap way later on, kinda shits on the previous MGS games in terms of how different it is, and the whole last part of the narrative is an unfinished mess... it's still a brilliant game, and the gameplay model at the core is easily a better utilised open world than W3, but I just feel that all the other factors considered together with that make it worse overall. Though they are very different experiences from dissimilar genres, so I'm not sure if the comparison is fair for either of them.