Mesmer, GS/Staff or GS/S+T

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2: General Discussion' started by grinder, Aug 24, 2015.

1. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

Hi guys, for the ones of you playing mesmer, are you using the GS/Staff build or you're running the meta one GS/S+T?

2. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I generally run a GS/Staff due to the smooth play there is on the abilities on both. The staff can teleport and offer you movement on top of the chaos storm which acts as a combo field with clones/friends that you create with forever conditions on enemies to boot. GS offers direct damage if you have max clones in the field and the knockback buys you time to put distance to create more clones.

3. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I'm trying GS/Staff right now and it works quite great even in PvP the condi build I've found is quite outstading too.

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yup. It's an extremely versatile combo for PvE and PvP situations. Once you get it down it's pretty OP. It's easy to solo dungeons as a Mesmer with that combo.

5. midorisour

midorisour Active Member
    Regular

I use Greatsword and sword+focus and the build on metabattle. Although that one calls for double sword and sword focus.

I need to get working on my hero points so I can try out Chronomancer. I really liked it in beta.

6. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think lots of people are playing with sword + [whatever] and staff with the new Chronomancer. Alacrity bunker is pretty strong in PvP right now and quite popular with raid tanking at the moment.