Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Jun 16, 2015.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

At E3 2015, EA gave us a CGI trailer for the new Mass Effect game. They basically had nothing to show yet but need to keep the hype going. Thankfully, BioWare offered slightly more details at its blog here. Most important info: holiday 2016 release, development of this game was "already well underway" when BioWare finished making the Citadel DLC for Mass Effect 3 in early 2013, Andromeda will feature a human (boohoo) male or female protagonist - but they do not make an appearance in the trailer, a "new and improved" Mako is returning, the game is using the Frostbite engine. Also, as the name implies, Mass Effect: Andromeda will be set in the Andromeda galaxy as opposed to the Milky Way of the previous three games. It will be "very much a new adventure, taking place far away from and long after the events of the original trilogy". This is obviously so that they don't have to deal with the continuity problems, which is understandable, though the N7 logo in the trailer suggests that we're not playing as a different type of humans from the Andromeda galaxy but as people from the old one exploring new worlds.

The CGI trailer is right here:

[YOUTUBE]uG8V9dRqSsw[/YOUTUBE]

2. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

I think I'm finally starting to understand the jokes about every new game needing a jetpack. :p

3. Relevant:

[YOUTUBE]zNqyJYSMCgA[/YOUTUBE]

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Space Indians!

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

New teaser trailer came out two days ago:

[YOUTUBE]Rn98FdSg-Fo[/YOUTUBE]

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

[YOUTUBE]opOdFKObpeM[/YOUTUBE]

This was posted two days ago, so some are saying that it could be an April Fools' joke, but apparently EA has started taking down some of the videos of this. So it could indeed be real, rumour is that it is 2014 build of the game. If that's the case, looks pretty good for a far from finished product. The jetpack already appeared in a previous trailer, but unlike this it was not actual gameplay so it's interesting to see how it will work in-game.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I think this can only be good news. I really don't want to play Mass Effect: Inquisition.

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Clicketty click. My faith in this game is slowly but gradually being restored.

9. Blader70

Blader70 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yeah, I heard about this game recently. It has a bit of mixed reviews but many didn't enjoy it due to its graphics and story. Though, I might try it out one day.