Quantcast

Mass Effect 4 (Confirmed)

Discussion in 'Mass Effect' started by SeanM, May 27, 2014.

1. SeanM

SeanM Well-Known Member

You heard it here first folks, mass effect 4 has been confirmed at E3 this year, and I can't wait to see what else they have in store for us (huge mass effect fan)

2. Lolman112

Lolman112 Well-Known Member

I really don't know why they do this. I get the Mass Effect would be a really great universe to make games about, but I thought they ended the series after 3? I hope they aren't going too far with Mass Effect 4.

3. tinybutnotfangless

tinybutnotfangless Well-Known Member Regular

It would be interesting to see how Mass Effect 4 pans out. I believe there is no reason for the ME franchise to have to stick to one villain. So ME4 would be the introduction of a new growing threat in the galaxy. Plus, it's about time they made the MP aspect more fluid. MP in ME3 was okay, but it felt limiting.

4. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I'm not really looking forward to it. Bioware is up the shitter at this point..

5. queenbee

queenbee Well-Known Member

I remember them saying that, even if the Mass Effect franchise continues, Shepard's journey is over. This makes sense considering most of the enders end up with Shepard dying. However, I wonder if future games would still be in a similar timeframe. Perhaps we could still interact with Shepard's crew - or perhaps see where they end up. I think it would be interesting to see the game delve a little further into the future, see new species, see whether conflicts have grown, and so forth. And of course, I wonder if we'll still be inside just the Milky Way galaxy!

6. GamerPerson

GamerPerson Well-Known Member

I'm hoping you get a chance to play as another race. I'm tired of when games do the approach of: "You're human. You've been chosen to take on this task. Now go further and prove the rabble wrong." That's nice and all, but I'm human in real life. Turn me into something else in the game, dammit!

7. Sinfield

Sinfield Active Member

Any other news regarding the Mass Effect universe? I was really excited when I first heard about it, even though it was a poorly made teaser. Maybe they will show something else this year, what do you think?

8. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I know they did some bad stuff on their last Mass Effect but the next Mass Effect will be having a new character. Can't wait to play it.

9. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

I'm not exactly excited to see this game come out since I still have some bitterness from the third game. If people are excited about this game, then good on them. However, I'm pretty much ignoring Bioware at this point and turning my attentions to other companies for games that look better than this. I hope I hear more about Cyberpunk 2077...

10. Zarentu

Zarentu Active Member

Yeah I heard about this, I can't wait. People have been saying "Well they ended it at three, I thought they were done" Why would you want them to be done? Well I did read that you won't be playing as Shepard again, which is alright. It's just one of my favorite shoot em up RPG games and I am looking forward to playing it again.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member Regular

Really looking forward to Mass Effect 4. I`m curios what they will come up with next, but seeing as it takes place in an entirely new galaxy, it is sure to be really fun to play. I am also looking forward to finding out who the new main enemy of the game will be.

12. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Well, I don't know what to say about Mass Effect 4. I hope the game will be good but I lost interest in the franchise a while ago. I'll still play though.

13. d'arakh

d'arakh Well-Known Member Regular

Have there been news on this? I was a bit disappointed to hear they were making another game especially after the backlash the Mass Effect 3 has gotten. I'm a fan of the series though, but I always considered the story to be done. Modern capitalism at its best, keep milking it until there's no more to milk. Then sell the meat.

14. Bannon

Bannon Active Member Regular

Based on the latest trailers, it seems like we'll be given control of a prospector who's part of a colony seed ship sent off to the Andromeda galaxy. It's a backup plan in case the Reapers do succeed in wiping out all life in the galaxy so it's a clear slate in pretty much every way.

I'm still a bit salty after the trainwreck of the endings for ME3 but I'm excited for this. It's definitely going to be more adventure-driven than the previous games at least with most of everything still being explored. The only thing I'm afraid of though is that they do too many callbacks to the original games or worse, make a faction like Cerberus make a re-appearance.