Maps

Discussion in 'PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds' started by kingcool52, Jul 30, 2017.

1. kingcool52

kingcool52 Well-Known Member
    Regular

What kind of brand new maps would you like to see in PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds? The maps currently on the game are great but I think it's time for some new additions to the game. For me, I think some sort of large airport map would be a great addition. Most of it could consist of battles inside different hangars whilst people could also battle out on the large runways. The map would be a lot more difficult than others since there is a lot of open space. The only problem I can think of with this idea is that it might not be large enough for a lot of players.

2. SecretlyTaco

SecretlyTaco Well-Known Member
    Regular

They could definitely add smaller maps if they had games with less people. I've seen in the custom server browser max players as low as 32, so the game supports it technologically, although if enough people move to those smaller game modes it might create problems with getting a full 100 player lobby.

Randomly generated maps are always an option, though.

3. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I prefer smaller maps over large ones since you get to experience the game fully and be able to compete with other players on a larger scale in comparison to large maps, it's way too crowded.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Smaller maps are usually a lot better for certain games, just because of the detail, but at the same time the emplorer in me likes those expansie ones. To each their own I suppose.

5. kingcool52

Regular

I think smaller maps would only be favourable by a certain type of player - the aggressive ones. If you're a passive player then I doubt a small map would interest you because it would put you in the firing line of other players. As it is smaller, you are much more likely to find other players quicker and have to engage in gun fights. It would, however, be beneficial to those that don't want to play the game for a long time because, with a smaller map, the game is much more likely to end quicker.

6. jakub1

jakub1 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Exactly, smaller maps allow the creators and editors to take their time and make every detail show and perfect.

7. kingcool52

Regular

I didn't even think of it like that, to be honest with you. Of course, with smaller maps, the designers and developers would have a lot more time to dedicate to each map. They could spend so much time making every little detail of the map perfect. They could maybe even add a few little funny things here and there like Rockstar do with the Grand Theft Auto games (like when they make funny posters)

8. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't like to spend much of the time speculating all over the map. So I try to stick with the small map if possible. Though often it gets boring with small map. So having variety of maps where we can customize the region is lot better. I am thinking that maps which can be edited for suiting our gameplay would be lot better.

9. Meeseeks

Meeseeks Member
    Regular

An urban sprawl would be cool.

10. Haroon

Haroon Active Member
    Regular

I like to play games with larger maps.Because we can get more details about many things on the larger maps.It is a fact that larger maps can make any game more effective and attractive.I don't like to use smaller maps because I get bored of it sometimes.I don't feel comfortable while playing games with smaller maps.That's why I tend to go with larger maps in every game.

11. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I feel like an idiot noticing I said emplorer instead of explorer but oh well. Either way though I have been hearing so much about the open world games lately that I wonder what kind of details are involved in the production of both kinds and whether they can blend a little bit.

12. overcast

overcast Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think small map is fine. They need something that would clash players eventually. So on that note I'd say they need to have some good control over stuff. I think PUBG needs something strong for the gaming. So that people can remain attracted to it.