Making a village underground :D

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Alunny, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Alunny

Alunny Well-Known Member

So I sort of got stuck into the whole underground dwalvern city type thing and then I completely screwed it up and didn't go even remotely as hardcore as I wanted to.

But I like what I did do. I'm doing it with my Fiancé, who is doing the houses in the center where I put them and them I'm furnishing them. It's really hard to show how this place looks because it needs a video walkthrough as opposed to photos...but not until it's done!

It's got really big farms for the main crops too, which took forever plant and make. I don't know if I'd do that again ha ha.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's a drain that brings water from the surface, leads it to a beach area, and then there's another drain that takes it back out again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There's tonnes of gardens and scenery too, and so far one park

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the houses are furnished too...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tomocar likes this.
  2. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

Holy crap that looks really cool! What texture pack are you using btw??

3. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, this looks awesome. I made something similar with a really complex mine cart system which took wherever you wanted to go. I used TNT to make the space for it.

Alunny likes this.
  4. tomocar

tomocar Well-Known Member

Another awesome project, Alunny!

Did you make the farms automated? It wouldn't be too hard to set up some dispensers with water to wash the crops to a collection area. But you would still have to replant all of that yourself, which might turn out to be a bit tedious.

The buildings look fascinating also!

5. holunderminze

holunderminze Well-Known Member

That is an awesome project you got going there. Makes me jealous, thanks for sharing the pictures with the rest of us. Ill try to upload some as well.

Alunny likes this.
  6. Skuttie

Skuttie Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's really cool! Just make sure you have enough light everywhere or you'll get creepers!

7. DjoBoy

DjoBoy Well-Known Member

I like the big farm, and the houses you made underground. I had a similar underground farm in a server where I used to play, it was twice big than yours.

Alunny likes this.
  8. Chingling

Chingling Well-Known Member

Oh yeah! Underground building is awesome. My friend used to host a server and we had an underground city with a secret entrance. Each of our houses were situated side by side, like a condo complex. The fun part was getting animals down there to breed, and planting plants to eat. Way more fun than above ground.

Alunny likes this.
  9. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member
    Regular

Looks awesome to me. I'm impressed. :]

10. Alunny

Alunny Well-Known Member

Thanks guys!! Building under ground is definitely fun and brings its own set of challenges.

I did consider it, but I think it might wash away my lilypads? Besides it took so damn long to set up I couldn't bare the thought of doing that again XD. For now they're purely decorational.

It's Soartex Fanver :). I can't "see" other packs because they do this weird thing to my eyes when I move. Can't use default either ha ha.

11. jbeavis100

It looks really nice and visually clean. I really like it.

Alunny likes this.
  12. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

That looks awesome! I wish I could do something like that. How many hours have you put into making this?

13. Alunny

Alunny Well-Known Member

So far? Ha ha probably less than 24. I've done it a couple of nights in a row now while watching TV. My trick is worldedit to do the circular caverns, otherwise I'd probably take a month to do this.

Yeah! That's why I love it, it's soft yet crisp and it isn't too detailed that your eyes cross and you get a migraine from trying to focus on all the little details lol.

14. beccagreen

beccagreen Well-Known Member
    Regular

Hey! I think I made something that looks like that also the only difference is that I built it on the side of a mountain and not underground. Nice job! You should study architecture or 3D modeling. You might want to make a living out of creating stuff.

Alunny likes this.
  15. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

That's really cool. I wanted to do something like that a while ago but I never got around to it because I have the attention span of a squirrel and I can't seem to grasp enough creativity to even know where to begin with that type of thing. I know if I would have attempted it, it wouldn't have been as in depth and detailed as yours seems to be. Well done.

Alunny likes this.
  16. tomocar

tomocar Well-Known Member

[quote="Alunny, post: 212962, member:" 84141 I did consider it, but I think it might wash away my lilypads? Besides it took so damn long to set up I couldn't bare the thought of doing that again XD. For now they're purely decorational.[/quote]

Well, I'm not sure about that, to be honest! The lilypads might get washed away. Did you use them to cover source blocks that keep the dirt blocks moist? If that is the case, you will have trouble implementing an auto-harvester. Next time, try putting the water below the farm. That way, you can maximize the area for crops, and it makes for easy harvesting. As long as you are happy with your build, I am, too. :)

17. jbeavis100

Thanks for showing me it.
    I've been looking for a nice smooth pack for awhile.

18. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer Well-Known Member

Ah I figured that much. I don't think I can sit through a 24 hour Minecraft session even if I take long breaks in between. It was really cool.

Alunny likes this.
  19. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

That's awesome. Your underground village looks so slick with the textures. Thanks so showing it to us.

20. Alunny

Alunny Well-Known Member

Putting water under it doesn't do anything?

I finished this village and I'm going to put a video up later :D.

You start with an idea and play around, experiment and see where it leads!