Mage Champions - which one is the best?

Discussion in 'League of Legends (MOBA)' started by Jess, Aug 8, 2013.

1. xXPandosXx

xXPandosXx Well-Known Member

I believe that the AD "mages" out there are usually stronger than the AP ones. Talon, Zed, Kha'zix maybe even Riven are all strong champions that have the advantage of dealing lots of damage even when their spells are on coolodown. AP mages are limited to their spells since their autoattacks deal very little damage.

2. mauricioq

mauricioq Well-Known Member
    Regular

Leblanc is really strong and I think she has the highest burst damage for a mage. If you use smart cast, you can nuke an enemy in literally less than one second.

3. brandondnguyen90

brandondnguyen90 Active Member

For me it is definitely Lux. I love her standard combo. Once that Q lands on the enemy, they better get ready for tons of damage afterwards. Her passive makes it all the better. It is pretty easy to zone enemy champions out early game because of the wide range of her E. Not to forget to mention her E, which gives her great sustain during battles/ganks. Lastly, I love being able to snipe from afar with her ultimate. Best ability ever thought of.

4. insertkittyface

insertkittyface Well-Known Member

Annie is really good and super underrated. She's very powerful and you can kill a lot of people with your full combo at 6. I mean, yeah, she's a little squishy if you build her like a glass canon, but that's not exactly how she's meant to be built, you can get some MR/Armor with her and be good to go. She's definitely my favorite. My second favorite is Lulu, she's so much fun to play and fantastic in teamfights

Shimus likes this.
  5. hamz10

hamz10 Well-Known Member

Veigar is the best late game champ in the whole game. Even if you fail early game, you can still delete their carries by the end of the game. Just farm well and you'll always succeed with him!

6. KKrage

KKrage Well-Known Member

I think Vel'Koz has a lot of burst, a stun, a slow with LOTS of damage, a ability which does damage twice and could be casted twice with no cooldown, then every 3 abilities that hit, it does MORE damage. His ulti is really strong, it is like a finishing move on killing sprees, it has a high range too.

7. Servace

Servace Well-Known Member
    Regular

Morgana is a very op mage. She can be in any lane pretty much. This is why she is always banned.

8. greensat

greensat Active Member

It really depends
    If you want to burst people down within a second, try Annie or Fizz
    If you want some sort of a slow burst or consistent damage, try Cassiopeia or Malzahar
    If you want poke, try Xerath or Ziggs
    If you want super slippery mages, try Ahri, Kass or Leblanc

9. primaLucid

primaLucid Well-Known Member
    Regular

Xerath and Orianna are two of the safest picks. Orianna is safe because of her immense shield and game changing ultimate. Xerath is a ranged mage that is like artillery from the back. Playing safe with both of these champions guarantees consistent damage and quality team fighting presence

10. c9h2ua

c9h2ua Active Member
    Regular

Ahri, she is easy to use and I always get many kills by using her.
    Her Q is powerful if you don't miss it. It gives the enemy a double damage.
    She is one of my favourite champions!!

11. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

Imo, the best mage is Leblanc. She's got beastly burst damage and insane mobility. She can either wait behind bushes or chase a low-HPed opponent behind two walls. There's no escaping. She's also almost unkillable if used right. :S

12. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

This. Annie may be one of the oldie-but-goldies, but Tibbers bomb+stun is still a game breaker if the annie using it is good. Even when not in a teamfight, if you have stun wound + damage shield, people will generally ignore you. Flamethrower has a decent reach and her AP scaling even nerfed is awesome.

The second one to this would have to be Brand. I love Brands chain of spells, and how well he can keep ticking on them over time if he's good at landing low cost Q's or E's. His ult has gotten me so many 'bounce kills' that should be illegal. Like one time, In a teamfight I though I'd get two people next to each to each other so I casted it and it bounced off of one person and the other flashed away but it still followed them and killed another low life champ + him in the bush he was hiding in. Oh the memories.

13. Burt Povski

Burt Povski Well-Known Member

There's so many mages in the game. Each has a counter to another. I think my first mage was either Anivia or Malzahar. Malzahar is pretty strong, but I feel like he can't carry a team. Anivia is okay, but takes a lot of skill to land skill shots. But overall I think the easiest mage and one of the best ones is definitely Ryze. No skill shots at all, and he does tons of damage!

14. Phytrix

Phytrix Member

Swain is so underplayed despite his potential to own lane especially post 6. Most people don't play Swain because he isn't all out burst champ like most mid mages but instead he dishes out sustained damage with his ult. Talking about his ult , it is sooo amazing that even enemy ganks may turn out in your favor if the enemy jungler doesn't deal high damage .

15. rightct

rightct Well-Known Member

LeBlanc seems to go the best now, given her burst. Though I will also have to say that she's kind of useless in teamfights because her skills are meant for an 1v1 confrontation, so LeBlanc is excluded from teamfights instantly. But it's still my to-go choice nevertheless.

16. edesapa

edesapa Active Member

Depends. I prefer girls with balls (that sounds wrong, damn). Ahri, Syndra and Orianna are great for poking, and wave clearing, but they are not that easy to use. If you want to delete the opponent from the game, then Annie Flash+Ult always works (or Syndra ult but I have already mentioned her). Best waveclear is maybe Ziggs, but it's been a long time since I last played him. Xerath is the best poke champion, because he has the highest range. And lately, Cassiopeia's been really popular, no wonder, she can kill you when she reaches level 2, if you don't pay attention to her poison.

17. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well it really depends, I do have a lot of fun playing full AP Teemo, Veigar, and Ahri. These three cause a ton of damage if they would get fed early in the game. A well fed Veigar would just spam skills and would get the enemy ADC killed in a snap. I love playing mages because of their damage but I main support champs since I really don't have a lot of use if I play mage, they are a bit squishy.

18. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeod Active Member
    Regular

Well since I play, or at least played before because I don't play the game anymore that often, Swain a lot I should say that he is the best. But I think that he is not actually the best. Orianna would be my choice she has a lot of range, poke and damage. And a lot of crowd control. Her E is also pretty annoying since it saves a lot of lives.

19. leagacy1234

leagacy1234 Member
    Regular

best ap champ is twisted fate ....he cleans waves too fast and gank top or bot using his ultimate

20. serbog

serbog Active Member
    Regular

There isn't a best champion in the game, well at least not currently. The meta changes so much that you have to follow every week for a new update to see what works. Also at the moment you can play pretty much every AP champion and win games, you just have to learn it. In my opinion you should just choose what best suits you and your playstyle and not search for the best champion.