Mafia II

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Von Streff, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

So, has anyone else played this great game? What are your thoughts?

2. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Yeah I played it and I loved it, I only can't just understand why so many critics give it a to low score because it wasn't GTA.

3. Von Streff

Regular

Yeah, people are never happy with the story-driven games, for some reason. I find that Mafia II pushes you to do the missions, since there isn't much elde to do, and this makes it fast-paced and like a movie. Awesome!

Did you play Mafia (the first one?), and did you get the little twist in Mafia II? If not, I recommend Mafia, excellent story, but the gameplay is quite difficult and clunky. :)

4. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Mafia 2 was a story driven game and not a free roamer, the city is more like a bonus and for the atmosphere. I haven't played the first Mafia, but I did get the twist in Mafia 2, because I was curious why there was a cutscene for the dead of that Tommy and start looking at youtube and wikipedia.

#4 Hoenkoper, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2011
  5. lolinski

lolinski Well-Known Member

I played Mafia 1(know where I could downlaod it?) it was probably the best game ever(not understatement) but playing Mafia 2 made me hate the main character(I stood in awe and silence when I finally udnerstood everything)

6. Von Streff

Regular

I kinda like the main character, but, just like in GTA and Red Dead Redemption, I continually say "Why are you dealing with these peopl? They're trouble, and they're useless!" Seriously, Red Dead was the worst, since he just does jobs for everyone, and then they go "Oh, wait, I have another task for you". I would just pull out the gun and go "Yeah? Well I ain't doin' it!" :)

7. Chrome

Chrome Well-Known Member

Oh man Mafia II is defiantly one of my all time favorite games. The story was great, in my opinion. I couldn't get enough of it. The only gripe I have with it is the lack of side missions / other activities to do outside of story missions. And they're weren't a lot of places to really go to. But other than that, I really loved Mafia II