looking to give the game a try

Discussion in 'Tera' started by dgmccg, Feb 14, 2014.

1. dgmccg

dgmccg New Member

Hi guys, been looking tera for a while and I'm going to give it a try. Gameplay wise, it looks great. I don't like how overly sexualized the female characters are though; but, what the heck, maybe it isn't so bad.

Can anyone share tips/pointers for someone just starting out? :)

2. Jaya

Jaya Active Member

I personally haven't play it yet. I don't know much about it, but yeah, from the trailers I've seen, gameplay looks kind of awesome, the graphics look good and the costumes are wicked...we'll have to see how it plays!

3. iroyv

iroyv Active Member

At its core, Tera Rising is definitely a grindy game. It gets a little repetitive after a while, so I recommend you to play with a group if possible. Beside that, the gameplay is unique for MMORPGs and it's a lot of fun if you're used to something like WoW's combat system.

4. wulfman

wulfman Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff you have to do over and over again which becomes boring but if you play it multi player it is fun.

5. Lucky120

Lucky120 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I have not played the game either, but I see from the trailers the game play looks kind of cool. I really like it and I am looking to give the game a try myself. I was wondering if it is any good. I am going to play and them come back and give a review on the game after I play for a few weeks or so. I hope that you like the game as well and hope to hear a review from you soon.

6. ChrisM53

ChrisM53 Active Member
    Regular

The combat in Tera is unlike any other MMO I have ever played. Its all completely skill based. You can't just click buttons on targets and it hits them. It puts more power in the player and much less in the hands of macros and keybinds. Which is very refreshing from WoWs pvp, which I have grown to hate haha xD. Tera is a beautiful game and definitely a refreshing change of scenery :). I highly recommend trying it out. If you have the system to play it on maximum performance. I kid you not, it is one of the most beautiful games I have ever had the pleasure of seeing and playing.

7. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

It's a very beautiful game and it even has a very beautiful way to handle combat, it just felt like all the quests (Red or YELLOW) were simply forced on you in a linear storyline path. Like a single player campaign in a multiplayer world. I often found myself grinding just to ignore a quest for a second because they were forced on you like go here, do this. Go here, do this. It felt like too much hand holding. But the combat was more than

Aside from that though, the community is decent enough if disable global chat and hang out in area chat. It has a beautiful scenery to go along with the wonderful music and the class choices/race choices feel very varied. So based on those factors alone, it's a worthwhile venture - since it's a FREE game.

8. MJAlex

MJAlex Member

I originally purchased the game, and continued to come back here and there as it went free to play. I found that while the combat is innovative, the excitement of the new system wears off after a little bit and what's left is the grind.

The game has serious potential, as it's gorgeous, has fun classes, and doesn't mind taking risks, but the leveling system could use some help.
    That being said, it is completely free to play and for that reason, I highly recommend you try it! The PVP system is also well done, and could spark some more entertainment while you're running from quest hub to quest hub.

9. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

I just ground up to a level 25 last night in one sitting and I can say it's just "GO here, Do X quest, Return" again and again. It's not innovative aside from high level content/endgame content and crafting (very nice system) but other than that it just feels shallow.

But it's free now, so you don't have to pay if you don't want to. That's a plus. In addition, if you wanted to try multiple characters you could always start a different server since free people are limited to 2 slots. I made some on another server and then I know what I want to play on the original too, to get a good concept.

10. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

It becomes boring, it's P2W, I've tried it and it's just not as good as I expected.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I had a ton of fun playing Tera. It might seem like a grind-fest at times and the quests are not really innovative. But those epic boss battles with giants monsters are what this game is all about. You cannot find that kind of stuff in any MMO to date.

12. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Agreed.

13. Kyler

Kyler Well-Known Member

Gameplay vs Graphics, an epic gameplay always wins really.

14. llfsa

llfsa Active Member

It's a shame that in 2015 grindfest MMO's are still the dominant force around. Still, I am going to give it a shot and see if it's for me. I'd rather be surprised than deluded.

15. grinder

grinder Well-Known Member

I personally love the game apart from one aspect that for me is fundamental... the user interface. I really don't like the implementation they made about the user interface and moreover the optimization in terms of FPS is really poor so when you have to move on the city , which is really crowded, it becomse a mess to make the FPS higher than 30/40...

16. kabezon

kabezon Member

Good graphics, awesome bosses (some) and fun combat system. Be prepared to grind though. Also even though you can play solo I would consider meeting as much people as possible because this game is that much better when played with others

17. Shimus

Shimus Well-Known Member

Also, get good with your character rotations - skills ultimately make or break the end game, and the mark of a good person is when all their skills are being consecutively used right and comboed together.