locked doors and boxes

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by coduss, May 18, 2013.

1. coduss

coduss New Member

don't know if this goes under campaign or general discussion, so i post under both. during my play through i found a lot of locked lockers, doors, and boxes and i could never find a key, anyone know how to open them?

2. Chimera Knight

Chimera Knight Well-Known Member

I don't believe you can. Think of them like the doors in Silent Hill, especially 3, some of them you can open, but most are inaccessible.

3. zin

zin Active Member

There are some "boxes" you can open that will require a "key", to say more would probably spoil it for you and everyone else reading this comment that not yet advanced that far in their gameplay. However most doors are indeed inaccessible.

4. HermitGamer

HermitGamer New Member

I also don't quite understand the point of having locked boxed and doors in the game that do nothing ? I am at a point of the game where i spawn in a room and there are 2 locked boxes in there and none of the enemies or anyone seems to walk in that room and unlock them. I go a bit further and there is a locked door there with no meaning.

Why put the locked door with the "locked" indicator on it if its just going to remain locked???

5. Tigernator

Tigernator Member

I dont think you can open 'locked' doors.

6. Veniathan

Veniathan New Member

Whatever is locked stays locked, you can't open it. It's just there for the atmosphere maybe

7. didymos

didymos Well-Known Member

The idea is to tell you "Don't waste your time trying to open this. Not happening. Move on."

8. HermitGamer

HermitGamer New Member

Tried to shoot the locks off with a quite powerfull shotgun too and it wasn't happening. If they want to tell the player that it's not happening why not just remove the indicators? Seems like a waste of players time for me.

9. Lagtagbag

Lagtagbag Well-Known Member

'tis about immersion, dude, it would be weirder to only find openable boxes.

10. Why put all these buildings in the surface if you will never visit them?

11. N3xus

N3xus Well-Known Member

To be honest i think they must stay locked...those are avamposts so people have their private things inside (their wife naked maybe?)

12. chazman21

chazman21 Active Member

Depending on the chapter, Like Facility

Some of the doors only open when the alarm is sounded &
    reinforcements start to enter from.

I was beside one door that would not open, But then opened when
    I gave my position up, Troops just poured out from.

Other just might be cut content, or maybe :D part
    of expanded content that may come later.

Then again, It all depends on your game setting.
    Normal to Ranger, Then Easy, Normal, & Hardcore for each.

13. Malk

Malk New Member

If you listen to the guards dialog they mention that the stash is not guarded.
    One of the guards will walk to the locked stash and open it, just wait untill its open and then kill him :)

14. Doctor O

Doctor O New Member

Can any one help me how to turn off the red x-like indicator that appears whenever I shoot any one .

15. Clear Sky Stalker

Clear Sky Stalker Spartan Ranger
    Regular

It turns off if you play on hardcore.

16. Logan_6

Logan_6 Member

I always wondered about the locked boxes, since there is a locksmith achievement to be gotten in one of the future DLCs.

17. Papajack55

Papajack55 Member

I always thought if you were going to not be able to go into certain doors, they would tell you by making them inaccessible as they do in other games, like saying "Inaccessible." Some doors they just have sealed off with no accessibility to them whatsoever. Same as boxes, a few chests, and two windows I noticed in apartment area while switching around while being shown around by the younger Dark One.

18. BrutalLemon

BrutalLemon Active Member

There have been many good articles about locked doors in games, blocked hallways with big enough gaps. It's all interesting game design stuff but it's better if they kind of tie it into the narrative or if your character says something (obviously not in Metro!) but in like Uncharted, Tomb Raider and the recent Wolfenstein your character has verbally told you if you can't go somewhere, or, like in Uncharted, something pretty epic will occur to let you know for sure you can't go.

4A are pretty impressive though with these areas that you can't access but turn no-clip on and all these closed off areas are modeled and textured and even sometimes with people and animation. 4A are just great :p

: ineedhelp