Quantcast

Legend of Zelda: A link between worlds

Discussion in 'The Legend of Zelda' started by chartedlife, Nov 10, 2013.

1. chartedlife

chartedlife Member

Is anyone getting this? I just recently bought a 3DS and I was thinking about getting it. It looks really good being top down like an old style Zelda game but with new mechanics and pretty good graphics.

What are your thoughts?

2. jardantuan

jardantuan Active Member

It looks brilliant, but I haven't played A Link to the Past yet. I will definitely get around to it someday, but I'll have to pass on this for now. I've also got a lot going on for the next couple of months, so the only new game I intend to buy in the imminent future is Mario 3D World.

I don't suppose ALttP is on the Wii U (or 3DS, for that matter) eShop, is it? I might try and get it if it is.

3. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I can't wait to get my hands on this. I have some extra Best Buy gift cards, and I keep checking their website to see if a pre-owned copy shows up, because their 3DS games are usually $24.99, but so far, no luck. It looks awesome, though, I might just break down and buy it full price.

4. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

It looks like a great game! if I had a 3DS I would defiantly give the game a try!

5. CeliVega

CeliVega Well-Known Member

It's a good game. A GREAT game if you played ALTTP before as it is filled with references and cameos from the past games.

6. I got the game and I have loved it! It's my first Zelda game actually and I really regret not trying one sooner! Not quite completed with it yet but I'm really enjoying everything so far. I have not played A Link to the Past but I'm definitely hoping to sometime soon as I've really liked A Link Between Worlds.

7. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I wish that the game was also for the Wii U I am considering buying one in the future!

8. Yoyoenix91

Yoyoenix91 Member

I like this game, but I feel like it's a bit too easy sometimes. Is it just me?

While fun, maybe Zelda games were never really difficult to begin with...

9. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I think it's a must buy for any Zelda fan. Anyone that has a 3DS owes it to themselves to play this brilliant game. There is a reason why so many sites gave it such a high score.

10. Scurventery

Scurventery Member

Definitely get it, especially if you've played A Link To The Past. It's a lot of fun, great story, and a lot of throwbacks to ALTTP. As much as I love the newer 3D games on the platforms, there's something special about the top-down format that seems timeless to me.

11. NeroFerk

NeroFerk Well-Known Member

I suggest to get it. It is a LoZ game after all. If you hesitate and not get it then look it up on Youtube and see if it is what you like or not.

12. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

Love the look but I haven't played it yet. I don't own a DS but if I did I would definitely pick this one up. It looks like a must buy for the Zelda fans out there.

13. chronomantic

chronomantic Member

'A Link to the past' was the very first Zelda game I played and naturally when I bought this one I felt like I was playing the exact same game all over again and I'm not saying this in a nostalgic feel-good moment way exactly. It wasn't bad at all (though the dungeons and puzzles were rather easy) but the overall and imposing ALTTP feel was too much for me to think that I wasn't playing a different game. I very much liked the idea though that you could use different weapons very early in the game. Maybe this game was more directed to new Zelda players wishing to get a taste of the old-school feel of the franchise.

14. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

For anyone that hasn't played ALBW yet, you're really missing out on something special. It's an incredible game.

15. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member Regular

i have the same thoughts!!