League of Legends

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by lgdg090596, May 5, 2015.

1. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

So, does anyone else here play League of Legends? If anyone here is from the Philippines server, please do feel free to add me: D.FaK Bookworm

2. I've played the original custom DotA map for Warcraft 3 when it first showed up, but I haven't touched MOBA games since. There is no meaningful progress, no real story, little to no lore and the community seems really toxic.

I gravitate towards games that offer optional, limited or no competetive PvP play at all. I don't need my only form of entertainment rubbing the fact that I'm inferior to teenagers and young adults in my face. I have enough self-esteem problems to begin with.

3. bogartdelarama

I'm a fan of League of Legends, but I agree with you. It gets boring after awhile, so I have to transition to another game after playing a few games of League. Still, I see to it that my rank doesn't drop so I make sure I play several rank games a week. :D

4. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Some friends tried to get me into DOTA, but they change into entirely different people when they play it. There's something about a competitive, cooperative game that lasts upwards of an hour with a huge learning curve that seems to bring out the worst in people.

That said, the genre does interest me, and I love the idea of linear tug-of-war progression and RPG elements in games (I adored Monday Night Combat), but as for the run-of-the-mill MOBA games, they're not my cup of tea.

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

You and me both. Lately I can't play too much of PvP games at all, so I'm being drawn to stuff like PD2 or missions in GTA Online. My favourite competitive multiplayer game is RO2 and that also places a large focus on teamwork. Then again, sometimes I get shouted at in strictly co-op games as well so maybe I'm just really bad at gaming in general. :lol:

As for MOBA games, there's a running joke between me and my friends (some of whom play Dota 2) about how I and one of my best mates think it's like some form of nasty infection... of course, you can like whatever you want, but I dislike MOBA games deeply even though I've never tried one. I can admit that I'm extremely prejudiced against them. :p

6. lgdg090596

lgdg090596 Well-Known Member

That's too bad, but I have to agree, the community is so toxic. I even decided to quit the game at some point.