Launch date announced

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by Oakster, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Oakster

Oakster Well-Known Member

So the release date was just announced: June 3rd!
    What do you guys think? Is it sooner than you were expecting? Did you think it would be later in the year?

2. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

For me it's literally the perfect date. I'm so happy right now.
    I currently have access to the beta, so I can play it anyway, but the best part is that by June I'll be finishing up with my exams and I'll have A LOOOOOT of free time on my hands. I'll probably spend few days not going out when the game launches lol :p

3. llllllllllllllllllll

llllllllllllllllllll Well-Known Member

What phase is it on right now? Open or close beta? I just checked some info and gameplay and it does look interesting. Can't wait to play this game.

4. CrownedClown

It's closed beta. There won't be an open beta and yesterday they announced that there won't be closed beta either.
    There will be only 4 weekends(12 days total) between now and the official launch during which people will be able to test the game.
    The forums are filled with discontent about that since the game is literally plagued with bugs and without beta testers they will probably release a bug infested game, but it seems that Carbine Studios are so focused on making money that they will disregard all the discontent from the beta testers.
    This approach might easily destroy the game which will be sad.

5. Oakster

What are you talking about? there have been lots of weekend beta events (I've been in two) and the feedback has been great.
    Of course there are bugs, but that's why it's in Beta, there will be 12 more weekends until release (don't know where you got 4) but the beta has plenty of testers that have access every day, not just weekends.
    I myself have played for over 40 hours, made a character of each class and I can tell you that the game is fine, there aren't MAJOR bugs, they have 2 months to polish up the game and I've played much worse MMOs at release than what they have now...

6. CrownedClown

These are the beta weekends. They are only 4, 3 days each so that's 12 days total.
    The game is filled with bugs and with removing the full access to all the current beta testers(myself included) they will lose A LOT of feedback, meaning a lot of those bugs will remain unnoticed till the official launch. Just today when I logged there was an issue with the hoverboard. While I was riding it the damn camera kept going under my feet and all I could see was the ground. It was, so annoying, didn't have that issue yesterday.
    What's more the optimization at the moment is horrible... My new PC runs WoW on ultra, with 10 programs in the background and ShadowPlay recoding and I have 60 fps(doesn't move from that number), while in Wildstar my fps is going all over the place. In a second you fps can go from 60 to 10 and back to 60. Needless to say this results in a screenshot-like gameplay.
    I don't even want to imagine what it's like for less powerful PCs.
    But fine let's say the manage to optimize for every game card/process(which is impossible since they won't have beta testers lol, thus lack diversity), still there are just way too many bugs. I don't think their staff alone will be able to find and fix them all on time.
    Some of the upcoming beta weekends will be PvP testing, so yeah... there won't be much done regarding the current bugs during the PvP testing.
    Today alone I encountered like 4 bugs in 2 hours playing.

7. Oakster

My bad, I didn't know they were cutting access to the rest of the testers and are only having the weekend events.
    Le'ts hope that their internal build is much ahead of the beta build then (they are more advanced with the new UI for example).
    They are in the final stretch, let's hope they can push out a finished product :)

8. matrixor

matrixor Well-Known Member

The release date is okay. I was thinking that it would be in Summer, but I didn't know the exact date. I'm really excited to play it. I can't wait!

9. Oakster

It's around what I was expecting as well, proof of this is that I had already booked my vacation time for this year to June, although I had the last 2 weeks.
    I always intended to change them when the date was announced, but this way it was a small change :)

10. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can`t wait for this game. June 3rd is not so far off anymore. I did not get a beta invite for it, so I`m really hyped for the official release.

11. Oakster

If you preorder the game then you will have access to the beta weekends that will be available until the game's release. So at least you can get a feel for it until the real thing comes out :)

12. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

I might just do that. Even if I don`t really trust beta versions to fully deliver the same quality as final releases, my curiosity might take over and I`ll push the pre-order button. :D

13. Oakster

I already pre ordered yesterday.
    O found a code to use on greenmangaming that allowed me to get it for 20% less, I went for the regular edition.

14. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

Hey. that's great news:) waiting to try it out.