Last Light Watch vs. Metro 2033 Watch

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Teddy Picker, May 29, 2012.

?

What do you prefer, the Last Light watch or the Metro 2033 watch?

1. The Metro 2033 watch

31 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. The Last Light watch

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. vapera

vapera Well-Known Member

Not really sure which is better really, although the old watch could of done with a bit of explaining. On my first play through i didn't figure out how to read it properly till about half way through the game

2. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

Not sure which I prefer gameplay-wise. I don;t really get the 2033 timer either; I always ended up just checking the watch and using the number that come up on the HUD instead of the watch itself. The LL one will be great for that, especially with the eliminated HUD. Aesthetics-wise, I'm also unsure. The 2033 watch is classic-looking and great. If the LL one is full digital, then eh. But it almost looks like one of those really old alarm clocks where each number is kind of a flipping page. Like this:

If its one of those, I'm honestly not sure.

Attached Files:

3. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

I voted for the new watch. I think this change was necessary for the audience, and to help with ease of play.

The old watch was confusing and I don't know if everyone else is bugged like me but half the time the watch's gas meter is completely bogus. Took me a little while to understand the watch fully.

The new watch is much easier to read and understand. Far better then having your silly clockwatch stuck at yellow and not going up or down when you try and swap filters(lol).

4. Blaastoid

Blaastoid Member

Metro Watch Reply

I would have to say the original is my favorite but I'm gonna vote when I get to try out the new version. I think for some people the new version will be easier to read and keep track on. I personally had no problem with the original but all my friends who has played have.

5. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Many good and valid points. I still prefer the old watch, it's fairly self explanatory, and if they aren't including a stealth meter in the digital watch then I don't even want it.

6. Cheaptricks

Cheaptricks Well-Known Member

Maybe they decided the stealth meter was too unrealistic so they took it out? Making the player use his eyes instead. Has anyone seen any info on that?

7. GreatWormCult

GreatWormCult Active Member

Well, is it a full "stealth" meter or just a light sensor? A light sensor is very feasible; the tech exists today.

8. Mr_Streaker69

Mr_Streaker69 Active Member

New one cause it's AWESOME

9. Teddy Picker

*Bump*

Oh, here's some tweets regarding the watch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'll post here with more updates as soon as they're available.

10. Dyp100

Dyp100 Well-Known Member

I hope it makes sense. Like they find the watch in D6, or its a gift from miller.

To be honest, I prefer the old watch. It displays more information, and is more realistic. It keeps time, as well as filter time, and it has a simple design that's hard to break. (AKA, turn to activate timer.)

Then again, while I get grumpy over small changes I'm sure the 4A guys will explain it rather well. Also, the new watch FLICKERS when not set. How annoying is that going to be?

#30 Dyp100, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
  11. Himself

Himself Member

The Metro 2033 watch is prettier, but the new watch definitely makes it easier to get your information at a glance.

12. Himself

Himself Member

I agree, and I doubt they took it out, they may have just changed it to a light on the face that changes colors.

13. VanillaToshi

VanillaToshi Well-Known Member

I just waited for Artyom to do it automatically that way i'm not wasting any precious air time. :O Does anyone know if you can turn the auto-change off? I play it on xbox.

I love the old watch. I'd prefer it if they kept everything old style, sort of hand made objects that have to be reliable to withstand the punishment of living in the Metro universe. That's why I prefer the older watch because it makes me think of that.

#33 VanillaToshi, Sep 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2012
  14. Magic1942

Magic1942 New Member

Anyone know where to find a watch like the new one? Lol i would love to own one like that.

15. teenbat

teenbat Active Member

I prefer the new watch. I don't care that we haven't seen much of it, but it is so much easier to read. I don't know why you guys prefer being subjected to the torture of not really knowing how much time you have.

16. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Simple, it adds to the tension and made Metro 2033 feel more like a survival horror game.

17. Teddy Picker

Yeah, what Cerberus said. Plus, please tell me: where in the devil are you going to find a still-working digital watch 20 years after a nuclear apocalypse, let alone one that has a charge to it?

18. Hoenkoper

Hoenkoper Well-Known Member

Well, your flashlight works on the energy from the universal charger so it could be the same with the watch.

19. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Yeah, didn't you know?! Artyom has cables running all over his body, Mr. Picker! He can even charge the batteries of his fancy LED sneakers!
    [​IMG]

20. Teddy Picker

Well played sir, well played indeed! Maybe he found the watch in D-6, I dunno.