Last Light Watch vs. Metro 2033 Watch

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Teddy Picker, May 29, 2012.

?

What do you prefer, the Last Light watch or the Metro 2033 watch?

1. The Metro 2033 watch

31 vote(s)
    66.0%
  2. The Last Light watch

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  1. Teddy Picker

Teddy Picker Well-Known Member

Alright, my past few threads have been polls but I gotta know: what do you fine people think of the new watch? Personally, I'm more of a fan of the old watch. Call me nostalgic, but me and that watch have been through thick and thin together... :')

Old watch:
    [​IMG]

New Watch:
    [​IMG]

#1 Teddy Picker, May 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2012
  2. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Old school all the way baby!

3. Pip314

Pip314 Well-Known Member

The old watch. Do manual watches need batteries? Do digital watches need them?

4. Akula

Akula Member

I see someone took my question and turned it into a poll. Good job!

5. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Not voting until I see more gameplay. There has to be a stealth meter on the new one. Also after every minute the digital watch makes a beep letting you know you've used a minute of air. Good for people like me who just like to live life on the edge.

I never understood how to read the old watch gas usage to be fair. :eek:

6. DarkCougar555

DarkCougar555 Well-Known Member

I will vote this poll when I try it someday.

7. I love both. The first one is a classical "officer's watch" and the second one is retro-futuristic.

8. amd955ben560

amd955ben560 Well-Known Member

First one all the way.

9. Wolve_NZ

Wolve_NZ Well-Known Member

Jupp, the Old one

Also never knew how to do the gas mask change thingy with the old one, I just changed the filter when I started to struggle to breath!

10. cerberus

cerberus Well-Known Member

Voted for the original watch. Not because I don't like change but because I personally just don't like digital watches.

11. Ranger_of_the_new_world

Ranger_of_the_new_world Well-Known Member

Well i cant vote just now because i think we didnt saw half what that clock is capable of. Well having digital clock is more wiser i think in dark areas where you cant use your light for some reason (mutants, human enemies etc.) you wont see how much time your normar show and the digital one seems to be a better option in my opinion for that.
    Well i would like to try them both in game ;)

12. rolfwar

rolfwar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Metro 2033's one!
    I'm really dying to find one that is just similar to that one!

13. Teddy Picker

As a rough estimate, the green zone is around 15 minutes of air time, the orange zone is 10 minutes, and the red zone is 5. As a bonus (because 4A Games rocks) the watch tells the time that your console/computer is programmed to.

Does the new watch tell time? No.

14. Wolve_NZ

Haha, the most important part of a watch, time telling xD

But yea, would be cool if the lights in stations dimmed at the appropriate times!

Also, the new watch isnt colour co-ordanated, I remember the Stealth-o-meter on the old one was quiet helpfull at a quick glance

15. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

never noticed that to be fair :laugh:

16. Teddy Picker

I'm sure they'd be including that in the final product because it's vital for stealthing. Actually, scratch that, in Metro 2033 on the level Outpost sneaking was incredibly inconsistent, especially when I recorded it. I could have a yellow light showing or even a red light and would be able to sneak by people, or sometimes I'd have a green light and I would get caught. The same goes for Lost Tunnels (at the bandit camp).

17. Wolve_NZ

idk, I remember if I was in Green Light (Dark Shadow) then I could sneak around a bit, while if I was out in the open, (Red Light) then I would get instantly spotted. Yellow was some place in between

But with the filters, I dont think I ever spent enough time on the surface to go though more than 15 min's of Air! (maybe the first time you go up, cant quiet remember)

18. Teddy Picker

The first time around was a little dicey but after exploring a bit and finding Ranger stashes I'd usually have a decent amount of filters.

19. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think the Last Light watch looks nice (and I'm not really into sic-fi/modern stuff, so that's saying something). I found it near impossible to understand the filter/time thing in Metro 2033, so hopefully this is a little more precise and user-friendly.

20. Dogpatch

Dogpatch Well-Known Member

The old one was fine for Metro 2033, even with the way the filter timer worked (badly, in my opinion). And I liked the stealth meter.

But I like the look of the new one in that pic. Somehow I think it will fit the setting well. Hopefully it will be simpler to tell how long you have with the filters than the old watch was. If this new watch doesn't tell the time then that doesn't make any difference; there's really no "time" in the Metro. We need a timer, but not really a fully functioning watch. So I think if that number is the minutes you have left with a filter, it will be nice and easy to check it with a quick glance.