Last Light is delayed

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light General Discussion' started by Shurfire, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

Looking at my issue of Game Informer it doesn't show Metro coming out so it's delayed for sure. I think it's better. 4A gets more time to make the game a lot better so there is no need to release that many patches later on.

Also it seems that multiplayer might be shipping with the game if it's being delayed. Here is a list of the mutliplayer modes that would be cool to have.

Defend the Caravan- A trading caravan is traveling through a tunnel, you and 3 mercenaries need to defend it against bandit attacks and mutant attacks.

Assault the station- Kinda like BF3 Rush where you need to capture points while pushing deeper into a enemy station. Could be Nazis-Reds, Polis-Reds, Rangers-Nazis.

Defend the Cordon- You and 3 guards (Or more players or have NPC allies along) defend a cordon for a certain amount of waves of mutants and maybe the final wave being a couple dark ones or something

2. Forkinator

Forkinator Active Member

I just want you to know that if you are talking about the february 2013 issue of gameinformer it says it is being released March of this year. also I just bought the PC Gamer mag with last light preview and it says March as the release date as well.

3. lebbers

lebbers Well-Known Member

The only reasonable conclusion to draw is that nobody outside of Deep Silver/4A knows for sure when M:LL will ship.

Suffice it to say, when the Dark Ones are ready, we'll know.

4. Forkinator

Forkinator Active Member

"when the Dark Ones are ready, we'll know"

Lmao :p

5. KLMKsunbunny

KLMKsunbunny Well-Known Member

Koch Media CEO Klemens Kundratitz says he has “no doubt” that “Metro: Last Light” and the next “Saint’s Row” game will both launch this year. Koch Media’s videogame publishing branch, Deep Silver, bought the rights to both games when they were auctioned off as THQ floundered in bankruptcy.

Both games had 2013 release dates when they were being published by THQ, and Deep Silver plans to stick to that timeline.

From: http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2013...ar/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Also: http://www.mountspace.net/eng/news/metro-last-light-release-date-was-revealed

Though i personally think if these dates were correct we wouldve heard more, and seen more by now....

6. Shurfire

Shurfire Well-Known Member

We know about the whole buying of THQ games already...

And yea I'm talking about the newest issue. It doesn't say Metro: Last Light in the March line up. Maybe they didn't get a update from Deepsilver so they decided that it's not being released March.

7. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Sounds pretty generic, in my opinion. :p We had a whole thread for our ideas of multiplayer for Last Light back in 2011.

8. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

Yeah I think we agreed my idea was the most creative and fit for metro.

9. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

But... you joined in 2012.

10. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

Shhh!, just them him have this one, Bamul...

11. Von Streff

Von Streff Well-Known Member
    Regular

And luckily DeepSilver just remains silent on the entire thing.. I mean, why tell people that their pre-orders for the 360 aren't happening? What a dumb idea..

12. TheStalker

TheStalker Dragon Slayer

nah why let the paying costumer know that he won't be plagued by day one dlc and stuff. LETS SURPRISE THEM!

13. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, they aren't being very smart by keeping us in the dark like that. But who knows... maybe Maurice is just really busy at the moment? He is a human being too, after all - even if he works for a game publisher, you know. :p

14. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Yes he is busy, he got engaged on Valentines Day if you look at his Tweets.

But it wouldn't be a bad idea if he responded to tweets or posted that there is no news at the moment since he has the time to tweet about other games he's playing.

Is there anyway to contact the 4A team or Huw to find out what's happening?

15. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

[​IMG]
    Didn't really explain something surprising, but hell, it's good to know they're working on it.

16. Skaara Dreadlocks

My guesses are that Maurice's thread got so messed up with all the comments and discussions that he simply gave up trying to read it all... :p

17. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's quite plausible. :lol:

18. majnu

majnu Well-Known Member

Give that task to our new mod to clean up. :D

Sorry I'm guilty of joining in the conversation when the thread should have been strictly questions for Maurice.

19. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nothing to apologize for :) I've sent Maurice a PM suggesting a more strict Q&A thread or a Q thread and A thread, like THQVagrantScout did when he was here, where nothing else than questions will be allowed to post.

20. Aaron

Aaron *Currently orbiting Pluto*
    Regular

I still have to wait until Harely shows up and gifts me with mod powers, so until then I must wait patiently.