Lack of bullets during boss fights

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Media' started by VigilGaming, Jul 27, 2014.

1. VigilGaming

VigilGaming New Member

I keep finding myself running low on ammunition, especially around the time a boss comes in to play. I made a video highlighting one fight in particular that took me a while to kill. In fact, I tried to beat this boss for about 45 minutes the one day but rage quit and deleted all the footage I had recorded. I was pretty damn excited when I beat it.

[YOUTUBE]eN0OxRYrpL8[/YOUTUBE]

Any similar stories any of you have of going through hell with no bullets in your guns?

#1 VigilGaming, Jul 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2014
  2. Embedded your video.

What headset is that?

Nope, most of the time I have extra bullets falling out of my pockets.

3. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Welcome to the Forums. :yo:

I ran into that problem. I had to use my knife at times when fighting of Nosalis toward the end of the game where Artyom has to wait for this wood-type elevator inside of the caves. I also had to use my knife on one of the boss battles. I still enjoyed it though. It made the game more difficult. :)

4. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Welcome good sir :D

Only time that happened to me was the mother bear thingy where iran (hehe) out of bullets and had to stab it in the bum for twenty minutes

5. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Rifles and Shotguns are vastly superior to other weapons in terms of ammo efficiency. Everything else isn't going to last you at all.

6. VigilGaming

VigilGaming New Member

Sorry about the late reply. I'm using a Sennheiser PC 350 Headset.

7. You manage a lot of social media for your channel, so it's understandable.

Also thanks for the answer.

8. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac Active Member

Always make sure you save 5 incendiary grenades before taking on the swamp monster, and it helps to have something that shoots carbine rounds (Bastard. AK, etc). Try and save at least 100 mil spec rounds too. You really don't need to buy things in this game anyway.

Use a strategy of staying close to the water in front of the church so the monster will stay close to your comrades shooting at it. If it moves past an incendiary you throw, run on the other side and make it move toward the fire.

Toss at least two incendiary nades before you restock with the ones laying in that area. Pummel it with incendiary (mil spec) carbine rounds in between incendiary nades. Don't waste ammo shooting at it's front when it brings it's claws in to protect itself.

The fight never lasts more than about a minute this way, even on Ranger modes.

The rhino in Undercity can be easily beaten by standing behind pillars and letting it damage itself bashing into all of them one at a time, or with 1-3 claymores if you're shooting at it. Save a couple claymores for the big bear later on.

There's nothing tough about these boss fights, the game is too easy really. Another trick is in the swamp where you activate the cable raft, just run to the big angled slab of concrete resting against a wall in the ruins behind it, and climb up it.

The NV scoped Bastard that can be picked up fairly early on in the game from the guy that surrenders in the meat locker works great to see from that slab when the raft's cable generator conks out, and it's also out of harms way, so the coast will be clear to run back and restart it, then wait there again for it to come.

This weapon is also awesome as make shift NV optics when you don't have the NV goggles. You really don't need to crank up the brightness so high, and your vids would look better with no more than one click above the default.