Kojima Productions

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

[​IMG]

Hideo Kojima, creator of the Metal Gear video game series, has finally officially left Konami (even though in reality this has been the case for a while, just not "officially") and formed a new independent studio. The company - called Kojima Productions - is essentially a reborn version of his last one, but this time completely free from the shackles of Konami. Although the next game they are working on (something completely new and unrelated to Metal Gear Solid) will be a PlayStation 4 exclusive for a while, it will later come out on PC as well. Looks like there will be no Xbox One version. Sony is apparently not investing in Kojima Productions (so they are, as stated earlier, independent), they just have this exclusivity deal for their first game and may provide some support in development when necessary.

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/12/16/hideo-kojima-new-studio/

I'm looking forward to seeing what other great projects this man's creativity will bring us, especially now that he is no longer bound by Konami and their desire to milk MGS to death. I've heard this new IP will be the start of another franchise.

2. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

This is cool..... I love the logo, IT's Bawd ass! I have to say, I've never played a Konami game before, but I've always been drawn to them. I happen to have most of the silent hill games; however, I haven't gotten around to playing them. As for MGS, I always thought that was a game exclusive for PS3, but I later learned, from you guys, that it's out on PC as well. Hopefully that FPS Silent Hills game, which was canceled, will come out now?

A tribute to Konami: An awkward and cringe-worthy E3, compilation, conference back in 2010.
    [YOUTUBE]f6OCnvvkSLM[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Haha, that was really awkwardly funny - I remember clips from that, but never seen some of the stuff in that video. And yeah, Konami owns some really nice franchises, but (especially in recent years) it has become the stereotypical "evil" publisher, only with even more nonsensical decisions.

4. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

He's just got to stick his goddamn' name on everything, don't he?

5. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Yeah, hehe, though I think he put his name on this too because it is meant to be basically the same company - another "fuck you" to Konami (just like placing his name in the credits for every mission of Phantom Pain, after Konami tried to erase his name from all promotional material for the game sometime before release). I'm not sure how many people from the old studio went with him though; they are recruiting for quite a few positions on the official website, so my guess is that not many or at least definitely not all.

6. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

Konami dont let there employees go- they have some weird system that basically forces there employees to constantly work there, so they couldn't quit and join Kojima even if they wanted to.