Quantcast

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by MandyMarieB, Sep 16, 2015.

1. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Interesting things are happening... very excited to see more on Aqua's story! And Dream Drop Distance was a great game, so that's going to be great in PS4 form.

2. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

I think the KH2.8 title is dumb as hell, but it's a nice compilation I suppose. Just wish it had another title. KH2.8 makes you think it's KH2 with some bonuses, but it's really Dream Drop Distance with some bonuses.

3. MandyMarieB

True enough. They sure do come up with some interesting names for these things. But it might just be that it's a 'sequel' of sorts to KH 2.5, but it comes before KH3. I think they are basically trying to make sure that people can play through the entire KH franchise on PS3/4 now.

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I have to agree that the KH [insert #.#] is terrible naming. It's inelegant but I know that they're rolling them out like software patch #'s but it's still pretty bad. Generally games should have titles like films rather than software updates.

5. MandyMarieB

I never thought of it like that, but you're right. Software patches... that's a good way of looking at it.

6. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Yeah, it's pretty inelegant, and mostly bothers me because this one is mainly Birth by Sleep, not KH2.

Though I guess that one good thing is that it makes clear in which order you should play the games.

7. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

I really hope they can get 2.8 out on PC to sort of, "test the waters"
    The same way they've done it with Ground Zeroes before Phantom Pain came out.

8. SereneAngel88

SereneAngel88 Well-Known Member Regular

Oh for Christ's sake...can they just stop with all of these remixes and just focus on making Kingdom Hearts 3 already? I'm having a hard enough time trying to keep up with the story with these games and that isn't even getting into the stuff that I thankfully have a friend (slowly) translate for me since some didn't make it out of Japan. I normally wouldn't care, but I have a nasty habit of wanting to know the entire story/plot of a game and have it all make sense. I'm still putting pieces together after Dream Drop Distance and now with this news, I'm sure they are going to add even more story for my OCD mind to flail about trying to connect it with already known details. *sigh*

9. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Also, these titles they use for the games are getting more and more stupid. Seriously II.8? Damn it Square how about some normal names for once. 356/12, or whatever it was, wasn't enough? :p
    I gave up on the story after 2 because to me it's a badly written mess, I can't stand it and I just play them to see dumb Disney stuff. I've seen KH3's gameplay and it looks alright and I think I'll play it just for that.

10. SereneAngel88

I think you meant 358/2 but all the same, it is a stupid name. I wouldn't have too much of a problem putting things together if they didn't keep stuff in Japan like supplementary info so I can know what is going on. Like I said, I'm glad I have a friend that can translate this, but it should be made available in English along with the games.

11. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I think that they want to make some money from selling this game to customers and this game may explain some things that occurred and were not explained in detail so this game will be nice to try and hope it is worth the money and the company designing it will need to make sure the game is worth the effort, someone makes to play it and hope it has good boss fights. I hope this will lead to the third game and may be a prequel to that so players can understand what is going on and would be good if it told the story of the previous games in the series or they were referenced so that people get an idea of what the game is about and which character is who in the game. It will be nice to see Gaston in this game as he is not in any of the Kingdom Heart games and he could be like how he is in the movie arrogant and trying to get Belle but tries to take Minnie Mouse instead from Mickey and that would be funny as he would be going for a mouse.

12. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

Are you serious? There are contents that they're holding back in Japan only? Jeez, like how is a fan of these games supposed to understand what is actually going on if the developers aren't even helping? That's really bad.

13. SereneAngel88

Well I'm not surprised since they usually get the game first and the rest of us stateside have to wait for localization. I just find it annoying since it activates my pet peeve of not having a concise story to understand thanks to said story having gaps and whatnot. At least we live in the age of the Internet where if you look hard enough, someone will have uploaded and did a scan of whatever it is you are looking for.

14. edy

edy Active Member Regular

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is but another game. It is another version of what Kingdom Hearts has done. I got hooked on these games since the PS2....