Killing Time in Dead Space 3

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Potarto, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Potarto

Potarto Well-Known Member

Me and a friend decided to co-op Dead Space 3, since we both got it through the Humble Bundle. We actually started having tons of great moments, so I've started recording since. I'm pretty happy with how well the video turned out, and still have a good amount of more footage to go through, so I'll likely be putting out more episodes, especially if this first one does well.

[youtube]1r_vQDzmDBk[/youtube]

Hope you guys enjoy.

2. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Nice video portato :D

3. Skaara Dreadlocks

Hahha, that's marvellous! Great editing and stuff. Only thing I can pick on, is that the FOV seems a bit low, so the big text might be a little too big. It kind of blocks the little bit that we can see at all. Perhaps make it slightly smaller next time? Also, I suggest using Volume Mixer to turn down the volume of the game and turn up the volume of the conversation :)

But daaaayum, this game looks amazing! Looks like a Science-Fiction space-version of Metro!! :D This game is definitely a candidate for the next time my friend and I throw a LAN.

4. Potarto

Haha, thanks a bunch. No FOV slider, the text thing was kinda intentional on some parts to just make it seem over the top. I've also tried to keep the text big since my first video (never using Arcsoft Showbiz again) to keep it easy to read even on lower definitions, but I'll keep that in mind in the future.

As for the volume, well, I'm still figuring it out. It did record my microphone in a separate audio track, but I couldn't find a reliable way to adjust its volume in Vegas dynamically, without changing it across the whole video. Splitting and trying to remove a portion of the audio track also removes the accompanying audio and video tracks too. The only way I could find involved selecting a section of things, rendering just that section, converting that section from .wmv to .wav, opening it up in Audacity, lowering it, and then putting that track section over the one in-game. And doing so combines all of the audio tracks into one, although if I sync it up right, I can still only put it over one of the two tracks and leave the other at full volume. Still, it would have taken a tremendous amount of work, so I just decided to leave it to captioning (which takes quite a bit of time on its own), but I'll try and figure out what I can do in the future.

I am completely done with Dxtory though (which I used for this footage). No matter what I do, there's just no way to record in anything above 720p at 30fps on my rig for some reason (even at 140 mb/s hdd write speed). So I'm hoping that Shadowplay at least splits the audio for game/mic in its video files.

And yeah, the game is pretty damn fun. I feel like earlier, hardcore fans of the series might be let down by the slight de-emphasis on actual survival horror, but as a standalone game outside of the series, it's pretty damn fantastic. It's got a surprising amount of depth to it, and the co-op story doesn't feel tacked on at all compared to most games. Definitely got a pretty large production value too.

5. Keegan83

Keegan83 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Game is not that bad and the second half of it really reminds me of Prometheus.

6. Potarto

Yeah, there are quite a few changes in general tone throughout the game. Lots of environment variety too. (there was something just awesome about letting my scavenger bot float off into space)

7. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

It was a good video. I chuckled at it several times :thumb:

8. Potarto

Many thanks. I'll be sure to try and put some more parts together. For science.

#8 Potarto, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2014