Kholat

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Bamul, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

[​IMG]

Kholat is a recently released game made by developer IMGN.PRO (based in Bielsko-Biała, Poland). It is a first-person, experimental horror game that revolves around survival and exploration - its gameplay was inspired by titles like Amnesia and Dear Esther. It is set deep in the northern part of the Ural Mountains, loosely based on the real life event known as the Dyatlov Pass Incident. Also: it's narrated by Sean Bean, so that's definitely a plus. You can grab it right now at GOG.com with a nice 10% discount.

I think it looks really interesting, but I'm holding off on buying it because my backlog is huge (and I doubt it will get any smaller until I'm done with W3).

2. Kept an eye on it since the announcement.

Waiting for a sale.

3. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Same here really. It is among a bunch of interesting recently released Polish indies, right next to The Vanishing of Ethan Carter and This War of Mine - both of which I have yet to play.

4. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

So I finished this game and gotta say that it was beautiful, audio-visually breathtaking and extremely atmospheric. From a gameplay standpoint it was nothing groundbreaking: a fairly standard first person exploration game with collectibles to find and dangers to avoid (at times actually kinda frustrating), but man did they put it all together well. This is definitely something that fans of Cryostasis may enjoy.

If you wanna play this though, I highly recommend doing it with Polish audio - the actors do a stellar job and it sounds so much more appropriate and closer to the Russian setting than the English dubbing (there is no Russian voiceover btw). Plus the way Justyna Wasilewska performs that last note from the student is hauntingly awesome.