Quantcast

KH3 pushed back to early 2017

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts' started by MandyMarieB, Oct 6, 2015.

1. MandyMarieB

MandyMarieB Well-Known Member Regular

Well... we'll get this game ONE day. xD

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

Whew... 2017? That's a long-ass time, that sucks. I wish they take this time and surprise us with the best game ever, one can only hope. :D

3. Spectre456

Spectre456 Well-Known Member Regular

Well, this is Square Enix, anyone who is a fan of their games should know that waiting is part of the process. As long as the game is as good as people expect it to be then all the waiting will be worth it.

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member Regular

I have a feeling that it's taking a backseat to their FF7 revamp along with other projects.

5. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Nothing wrong with delaying a game to ensure that it's good enough. I prefer it to releasing a rushed turd.

6. Cereus

Well it's a double edged sword haha. Too long and it becomes like Duke Nukem which was in development hell for 15 years and turned into crud. Too early and it's a total ragefest from the fans who were sold on the hype.

7. MandyMarieB

Agreed. However, they don't want to delay SO long that a new console generation comes out, which would require them to start over AGAIN, which would delay, which would cause an endless cycle/cancellation ;) Fine line.

8. Narukami

Narukami Well-Known Member Regular

Well yeah, we don't want another XIII Versus, hahahaha.

9. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member Regular

I hope its good. Its been a very long time since we've gotten a large scale KH game. I'm sure the delay will work well for the game in making sure they don't deliver a sub-par product. Considering how games have been coming out broken and unfinished, depending on day 1 patches to save them, let's hope the same won't plague this game.

10. anadrotowski

anadrotowski Well-Known Member Regular

I hope the more time they put into it, the better it'll be. It really sucks having to way so long in order to play the game, but I hope it's really worth it.

11. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

I mean it makes sense. Squareenix wants to release FFXV in 2016 so that or KH3 could've been overshadowed by the other if they came out in the same year.

12. SpartanScooter

SpartanScooter Well-Known Member Regular

Early 2017 isn't that far away. It's just a year + a few months. As long as we get 2.8 next year, that will be enough to hold me over until KH 3 comes.

13. vegito12

vegito12 Well-Known Member Regular

I they are working on issues and hoping to sort them out and don't want a situation like the Batman Arkham Knight where the framerates were dropping and the game was not working properly and had to be recalled for the PC version which meant fans could not play the game for a few months and had to wait around for the game to be fixed which took some time to do. I hope the game is not delayed too long otherwise fans will not be pleased when it finally comes out, as they won't have an interest in the game as the time to release it has been delayed too many times fo them to keep an interest in the game. I hope the story is good and also we see more characters and Gaston as a villain would be good and could have Belle trying to escape him and you have to save her and it could be a funny fight you could be sword dueling him.

14. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

That would be soo cool if they put more stuff from the worlds that were in the KH games already, I agree! :D

15. Cereus

It'll be hilarious if they pushed it back due to Disney's acquisition of Star Wars and the release of the newest film.

16. TheRedCap

TheRedCap Active Member Regular

Well as disappointing as that is, I would much rather have the developers take their time and work out all the bugs and design of the game then release it before it's ready. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and take this as a good sign. That being said, don't keep the fan's starved for much longer!

17. Cereus

I'm still sitting 50/50 on them either making it awesome or totally screwing it up. If something cooks for too long it can go bad. Hard to say with them being involved with FF7's remake which will prolly take a lot of resources from the KH team as well as Disney's ever growing film empire.

18. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member Regular

That's actually OK with me. I'd rather Square Enix take their time to really make a good installment in the KH series. Sure that means we'll all be waiting for another year, but it's better for Square to fine tune the mechanics and make sure to work out the bugs. I'm willing to wait for a well made Kingdom Hearts 3.

19. MandyMarieB

ParentHarold posted this article... (I don't think the board will let me post a source link.)

20. galactica

galactica Member Regular

Knock on wood, but I fear that's how FFXV is going to be too. Looking at the gameplay, it doesn't even feel like a Final Fantasy. The new direction they took after they started over a few years back makes it seem lighthearted and childish. The original "Versus XIII" trailer looked epic. Wish they kept that tone.

I haven't kept up with the Kingdom Hearts storyline, but I loved 1, 2, and Chain of Memories. I hope 3 is worth the wait.