Jimbo's Amazing Spectacle of Half-Amazing Artworks.

Discussion in 'Metro: Last Light Media' started by Commissar_Jimbo, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Commissar_Jimbo

Commissar_Jimbo Well-Known Member

I made these pieces of 'artwork' in my spare time as custom loading screens on games, I hope people appreciate or enjoy looking at them.
    I also would love it if people told me what I should model next, or criticize me and tell me how I should improve.
    [​IMG]
    Khan: An enlightened Darkness.

[​IMG]
    Political expansion from Tverskaya.

[​IMG]
    Reich STALKER Patrol.

[​IMG]
    Red-Line Patrol.

#1 Commissar_Jimbo, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
  2. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Pretty nice; here's something you could do in the future: I'd love to see some shots from the surface, as well as more showing the different factions. :)

3. Commissar_Jimbo

[​IMG]

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

I recognize Garry's Mod when I see it ;)
    Really amazing, I love how well you've done the posing, especially the finger-posing, as I always found that a bit tricky. And the contrast/light editing really added that atmospheric/moody touch to it that Gmod otherwise lacks. Impressive :thumb:

5. Commissar_Jimbo

Hand posing and facial posing has always been the most difficult part of making my screenshots, the default hand pose can usually be used in most cases, by bending the wrist and stuff you can make it looks like it is gripping stuff at certain angles, as an example; in the picture with the two Reich Officers, the officer gripping his hat is just the default hand pose bent to look as if his fingers are bent around it.

As for the lighting, my game actually looks like that. I have a custom built mod to the lighting and shading with an addition couple of modifications by me.
    Heres afew pictures I took as 'lighting tests'.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

G-mod! I should have recognised it. :tsk: Like Skaara pointed out, this is some really well done posing. :D

7. Commissar_Jimbo

8. Commissar_Jimbo

9. Skaara Dreadlocks

Yeah, I've used the default hand-pose a lot too, but it's so.. basic and DisplayModel-like that it's really visible in most cases. I too find the finger- and face-posing the most difficult, and it's really annoying when a downloaded model doesn't have either available :mad:

Interesting about your lighting-mod, though, I didn't know you could get that for Gmod. It seems really awesome, but I can imagine it gets tiring eventually? I mean, it really reduces the eye-sight so you have to concentrate more, and maybe even squint, in order to see details properly? I remember once in HL2RP, my server's co-owner set the contrast and/or lighting to maximum with some strange command, so it became extremely intense and yellow. My eyes started hurting almost immediately, and after a few minutes of playing with it enabled, my eyes hurt for a couple hours afterwards :lol:

It was the finger-posing that aroused my suspicion, and after inspecting the pictures for some time, finding more and more things that resembled Gmod-stuff, like the chair, it was eventually the Chinese Takeout carton on the floor in the second picture that gave it away, and confirmed my suspicion :lol:

Anyway, I really really liked that last picture with the Stalker in the stairs. The broken TV, the upside-down bike, the dead bodies' positions and even the angle of the Stalker's head. I know it's a bit annoying to try to make the feet hit the ground/floor correctly, but I have to criticize you for that in this one :p Should've maybe dropped the ragdoll slightly more down so one foot would be placed on the lower step with a straight leg whilst the one on the upper step would have a bent knee. Other than that, it's really amazing and I doubt I could've done any better myself :)

I've been seeing a lot of good screenshots in steam of neat maps, RP-mods and models that I've actually considered for a while to re-download Gmod. But in the end, it was your screenshots here that made me do it, so it's downloading right now as I'm writing this. I might do some Metro-poses too :D

10. Commissar_Jimbo

The models I use in my Metro pictures aren't publicly released yet as my friend directly imported them over from the actual game for me, but I have a collection of all the mods I use.

As for the lightning. No, not at all, Infact I can change the lighting to me more attractive to my eyes whilst posing, editing the lights to fit current moods.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=429265527

P.S I included the Public-Beta version of the Metro Models for you to use <3

11. Skaara Dreadlocks

That's amazing, thank you so much :D

12. Cruz

Cruz Active Member

Pretty cool, I'm gonna go ahead and save a few if that's aight. I'm always a ho for surface pics.

13. Commissar_Jimbo

Feel free. As long as you don't claim them as your own works, or sell them for money without me getting a cut I do not mind. :3

14. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wow, I really like the depth in your photos. I used to work in Graphic Design and I suggest you use the rule of thirds whenever you take a screenshot, it'll help tremendously.

15. Commissar_Jimbo

Rule of Thirds? I am not familiar to it?

16. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Amazing work. Nice job :thumb:

17. Commissar_Jimbo

Damn-Diddle-Doo more Art-DOOD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]