It is finally finished...

Discussion in 'Books & Comics' started by Bamul, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

I don't know if anyone remembers, but (ages ago) at some point in some thread on this forum, I mentioned that I was writing a book in Polish set in the Metro 2033 universe. Now - after over 2 years since I started writing it - my book is finally finished! Obviously, it did not take me as much as 2 years or even 1 year of work to write it (as you know, studying and one's creative endeavors do not go hand in hand), however the process did last over a period of 2 years. :p

The book itself is 103 pages in Microsoft Word (A4 paper size), which would be 206 pages if it was in an A5 book format. That isn't a lot for any book, but I started writing this when I was 15 years old so it is a huge achievement for me. Anyway, I just wanted to post this here in case anyone I've told before somehow remembers and is still interested in this project. I will let my family read my book first, then I might post it on the official Polish website of the Universe of Metro 2033 book series. :)

2. TheDarknessEnvelops

TheDarknessEnvelops Lion Triumphant

Sounds good, also 206 pages is pretty long, not compared to Metro 2033 but that's an average length for books. It's also probably a good read :)

3. TotalAaron

TotalAaron The Oracle of Awesome

Congrats man :)

4. Skaara Dreadlocks

Nice! I actually do remember that you talked about it, and I've actually thought about it a few rare times. Glad to hear you finished it. I'd love to read it if you translated it to English c:

5. NuclearWastE3

NuclearWastE3 The Toxic Avenger
    Regular

Nice work, Bamul.

6. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

Thanks guys! I was thinking of translating it to English since many of my friends here in the UK have expressed interest in the book before, but that would take a lot of time and work. Maybe it will happen someday, but I don't think that will be anytime soon. :( But if it does - then I'll let yous know where you can find it.

7. Darkbringer

Darkbringer Huntsman

Awesome, I remember hearing you were writing a book but I am impressed you actually pulled through! :D
    It's also fairly interesting for me as I recently (5 minutes ago, actually) took up learning Polish on Babbel - although what I know so far is limited to Jak siÄ™ masz? and other short phrases. Your book will be a motivational factor to fully learn the language ;)

8. Bamul

Bamul S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Regular

That's pretty cool - if you'd ever like help with anything then please let me know. We could talk over skype, or something. :)