Is there life on other planets?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic!' started by thecorinthian, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Nytegeek

Nytegeek No namby pamby hand holding over FUD. EXTERMINATE!
    Regular

Did you read any of the other replies here? Do you understand math, statistics, or biology? Seriously. 4th Century BC called for you, they want their ideas about the significance of the Earth back. The likelihood that we are on the only planet with life is infinitesimally small.

2. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I can't really tell, I think read some years ago that scientists claimed there is life in at least one of the planets. I am not sure how factual this claim is.

3. ptahm22

ptahm22 Active Member
    Regular

Scientists keep saying they've found clues about life on other planets but they haven't provided material evidence. I would conclude that there is no life in other planets. However, I wouldn't hate seeing beings and animals from other planets. I've seen almost every thing on earth and something new would be the best thing.

4. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

That is it, like you rightly said we need substantial evidences by scientist to actually prove there is life in other planets.

5. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

Any man who thinks there is no life on any other planet in the universe is stupid. Period.

6. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

What makes you jump to this conclusion? Someone may doubt the existence of life in other planets simply because they have no proof to that effect.

7. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

Well, there is no proof God neither, but about 90% of people still believe in that? But unlike that, this is pure logic. There are countless solar systems, planets and who knows what else, so what are the chances that we are the only one? I would say 0.0000000000001%.

8. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

We are talking about two different things entirely here. Well coming down to the issue you just raised the proof we have that God exist is, one the beautiful creations and world around us. Just like a house is owned by someone so also the world and all the created things were designed and owned by a supernatural being called God

9. Working Buck

Working Buck Well-Known Member
    Regular

I think there are others out there. But I would rather want something discovered here on our planet first than find aliens in outer space. I mean, we haven't checked whats under the sea yet, not everything I mean.

10. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

That's an argument? So, you said we need a proof for other life on other planet's, we need to see them, but you are 100% sure there is a god, even if nobody, nobody in 2000 years never saw him, never heard him (except crazy people who hear all kinds of voices) and never will. Are you listening to yourself?

11. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I wouldn't like to think you are an atheist. Be logical and think for a moment. A simple question how did this earth came about, who designed it.

12. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

Whats wrong with being an atheist? If you are right, god created us, and that's it. I mean, he did it in 6 days and that's the end of the story, end of the creation. So if that's it, what's the point? There is no progress, no evolution, everything is done a long time ago?

13. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's wrong to say you are an atheist. It means you do not appreciate this beautiful World and do not think there is a Force or supernatural being in charge of putting these things in place.

14. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

You are not answering my questions, because you obviously have nothing to say. And no, I appreciate this world and life far more than you, and I guess many other religious people. I, put my life in place, and you have no control over your own life so it's easy for you to think that someone else is going to do it for you.

15. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

I am glad to hear that you appreciate this world and life too. No point to rationalize things blindly. Believe there is a maker of the universe and that one is God. He ministers to men, try to have faith in God.

16. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

You don't have any rights to tell me what to believe in, ok? That's exactly the problem with religious people. I don't believe in god and I never will.

17. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Ours is to preach the good news and yours is to accept it or not. I agree you have a right to your choice.

18. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

Sure, and I don't accept it. My is to preach too, only opposite. :)

19. tony

tony Well-Known Member
    Regular

Good to hear you know about preaching. There are still opportunities for a turn around.

20. lazar

lazar Member
    Regular

No there isn't. I would rather die. :)