Quantcast

Is The Division Being Overshadowed By Siege?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

I definitely wouldn't mind having a good streak of solid Tom Clancy games. It can only help the brand and future games, as you said.

2. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

Pretty much. All it does is give good publicity, and that means a lot in the gaming world. The better another Tom Clancy game does, the more this one is going to be looked at. Especially with an MMO, the more that follow, the better the game does, and the more concepts they will develop for it. It can help a lot in the long run.

3. Cyborg Superman

True, and the better the game does, the more DLC we get. I usually don't care too much if a game tanks or not as long as I enjoy it... not because I don't want the devs to be successful, just because at that point whether the game sells a million copies or 10, it doesn't affect me in the least. That's not the case for an MMO... You want it to be successful because the more people who play it, the more they will put into the game. The hype seems to be increasing on this game, especially with the alpha now and news of the beta for early next year. Seems like we're heading into the right direction.

Maelalove likes this.
  4. Maelalove

I agree. If I like a game, it won't matter. Although, I think my reasoning for the fact that it's an MMO making that almost worrisome is different than yours. It's not rather they put more into it because it did well or not, but has more to do with if it does better, there will be more people playing it and a better community. Overall, as an MMO that's really important.

Cyborg Superman likes this.
  5. Cyborg Superman

Oh for sure, the community makes or breaks an MMO. Look for example the recently cancelled game Triad Wars. It was supposed to be an online game that's a sequel to Sleeping Dogs, but you couldn't interact with other players... So an online game, that you play solo 100% of the time... Um no. What's the point? lol

Maelalove likes this.
  6. Maelalove

To be honest, never even heard of it, haha. Isn't that similar to Fallout 4? Again, never played it(although I really considered buying it recently.). But from what I've heard, there's no multiplayer. I don't know, kind of seems to me like it depends on the game, too. Although I agree with your reasoning. Like, what? hahaha