Quantcast

Is The Division Being Overshadowed By Siege?

Discussion in 'The Division' started by troutski, Aug 28, 2015.

1. troutski

troutski Well-Known Member Regular

By now, Rainbow Six: Siege seems to have stolen the thunder from The Division. They're completely separate games, but they fall under the same umbrella of Tom Clancy titles. Siege is looking better and better every day, while The Division seems to be a little quiet right now. Thoughts?

2. troutski

I saw Funhaus and Achievement Hunter take on each other at RTX in Siege, and it looked like tons of fun, even though neither team seemed to be that good. It was still great to watch, though.

3. troutski

Siege has the element of replayability on its side, even with limited levels, and The Division could feel like more of a grind to some players.

4. troutski

Siege seems like a fresh concept that's being fully fleshed out in gameplay for the first time rather than being super scripted like other games.

5. Siege does indeed look pretty good. I have to say I still have full faith in Division however. I think once they're released people will see what the truly better game is (;

6. Ishmael

Ishmael Well-Known Member Regular

They are completely different experiences. One is an MMO with third person mechanics, while the other is a competitive shooter. They appeal to different audiences, so no one is stealing attention from the other I think. Also Rainbow Six is coming out this year, that's why Ubisoft is focusing their marketing on that game. The Division is out next year, so we're going to see a lot more videos about it in 2016.

troutski likes this.
  7. troutski

Although they are different experiences, one still looks far more unique than the other, especially in its respective genre of video game. Siege looks refreshing from a mechanics perspective, while The Division seems a lot more run-of-the-mill because it somewhat calls forth Destiny's mechanics.

8. ISKMogul

ISKMogul Well-Known Member

The two games may have similar mechanics and combat styles, but they are vastly different in their tone and setting. The Division is far more gritty and survivalist compared to Siege. They are essentially two different genres of game. They cater to different players as well. I see very little overlap occurring between the two.

9. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

While Siege is a little bit innovative and The Division has some of the same mechanics of some other games of the genre I still think they don't belong to the same category. As ISKMogul said, they cater to different players.

10. Ishmael

Also since they're so different I'm probably gonna play both anyways, so... :p
    It would be lovely though if there was some kind of open beta for The Division or something, but you have to preorder the game to try it out and if I don't know if I like it it doesn't make much sense to me to preorder it before playing it. At least Siege was playable, I hope they do more beta tests soon.

11. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Well-Known Member Regular

I don't think we'll get to see the beta without paying. It's kind of like a treat for the people who already purchased the game, not really anything we can do! I guess we have to wait a little bit more but it's coming soon!

12. Codygr89

Codygr89 Member

I honestly think it is too early to tell. Betas usually change SOOO much before they are released (unless its already open beta).

They may be changing the game completely for all we know. People's feedback is what is going to drive these changes. So if you are in the beta give tons of feedback on how to change and improve the game so its not going to die within the first year!

13. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Apart from being based on characters from the same author, I don't really see a link. Very different games: Siege is a FPS tactical shooter, and The Division is an open world 3rd person RPG shooter. It's pretty much apples and oranges for me, and I haven't seen anyone else really compare the two.

I think it's more indicative of a studio releasing different games under the same franchise in order to cater to people of varying tastes who like all enjoy Clancy character-based games.

14. Celerian

Celerian Well-Known Member Regular

It isn't. cAn't wait.

15. Delirium

Delirium Well-Known Member Regular

Not gonna lie, Siege does look rather exciting. But I feel drawn to The Division more for some reason, so it's my top pick as of right now. I'm probably gonna end up getting both though.

16. GlacialDoom

GlacialDoom Well-Known Member Regular

It does seem that Ubisoft is promoting Siege a lot more than they are promoting The Division, but I think that people are overall more excited for The Division, and it has been like this since the initial reveal. I don't think that these two games are going to hurt each other's sales.

17. Ishmael

They're going to show new things in the next few days for The Division though. It makes sense since AC Syndicate is out and Rainbow Six is almost out, so might as well show some more of The Division.

18. harpazo22

harpazo22 Well-Known Member Regular

Not in my perception. I haven't seen nearly as much hyper for Siege as this game. And I'm sure The Division will continue to build up recognition.

19. Cyborg Superman

Cyborg Superman Well-Known Member Regular

Now that Siege is out and has had good reviews (75-77 on metacritic on various platforms), do you think this leaves the way open for The Division? In a way, is it easier for this game as it just needs to be better than Siege to be considered a success, or do we not really compare the two?

20. Maelalove

Maelalove Well-Known Member Regular

I agree with Ish, it's in two different categories, and they both are looking good. I've seen some siege gameplay, and while it looks fantastic, I feel like instead of stealing all limelight, it only helps The Division. If anything, it shows what a Tom Clancy game right now can be, rather than taking all the attention away, it's almost just holding onto it until The Division is released. And Cyborg is right, it only needs to be better than Siege. And if it is, that will help it even more. I only see this as a win.