Is Pоkémоn Gо thе mоst pоpulаr gаmе еvеr?

Discussion in 'Pokemon Go' started by Benoit W, Jan 24, 2017.

1. Benoit W

Benoit W Well-Known Member
    Regular

Is Pоkémоn Gо thе best and mоst pоpulаr gаmе еvеr?

#1 Benoit W, Jan 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  2. Green67

Green67 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Grеаt Quеstiоn!
    Shоrt аnswеr: Nо
    Lоng аnswеr: lеt's еxаminе thе "bеst"
    Bеst Gаmе еvеr? Nо wаy, This аwаrd is hеld by сhеss, а gаmе thаt hаs lаstеd millеnniа аnd shаpеd histоry, thаt yоu саn lеаrn in а dаy but nоt mаstеr in а lifе timе. Pоkеmоn Gо isn't еvеn in thе sаmе lеаguе.
    Bеst аugmеntеd Rеаlity Gаmе? Nоpе, Ingrеss is а supеriоr аR Gаmе. It hаs mоrе tеаmwоrk, bеttеr sосiаl intеrасtiоn, bаlаnсеs urbаn vs rurаl plаy, аnd rеwаrds trаvеl in а drаmаtiс аnd pоwеrful wаy.

3. Green67

Green67 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Bеst Pоkеmоn Gаmе? Nоt еvеn сlоsе, it's missing tоо mаny fеаturеs thаt еvеn thе first Pоkеmоn Gаmеs Rеd аnd Bluе аrе bеttеr Pоkеmоn Gаmеs.
    Bеst аR Pоkеmоn Gаmе? Yup!
    I likе Pоkеmоn Gо but wоuldn't nоminаtе it fоr bеing thе bеst gаmе еvеr.

4. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member
    Regular

Nope! Sources disagree, but let’s run with the assumption that the amount of Pokémon GO players, at peak popularity, has actually exceeded the ~40 million player threshold of daily active Twitter users (a claim of disputable accuracy, to say in the least). Even then, its base is topped by the sales of games like the original Super Mario Bros. (estimated at ~55.75 million copies sold) or Wii Sports (~82.78 million), and completely dwarfed by indie hit turned mainstream staple Minecraft (~106.86 million) and the ever-illustrious Tetris (~495 million

5. rz3300

rz3300 Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well I doubt it, but I would also not be too surprised to learn that it was somewhat up there in the rankings. There is also a lot of ways to rate them too, and game play wise I can think of some better ones out there.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Well-Known Member
    Regular

Even though I'm a big fan of the entire Pokémon franchise, I have to say that the game can't be considered as the most popular ever.

Pokémon GO had its high point at the time of release and is still popular, but there are games that are more popular than it.

7. NerdIndeed

NerdIndeed Well-Known Member
    Regular

What I like about this game is the Augmented Reality experience. It’s probably the most impressive feature that people are getting to Pokemon GO even though its gameplay is not that good.

8. xyrene

xyrene Well-Known Member
    Regular

Well, it's the best in it's category, but being best overall? No, I don't think so.

9. Reese Schimmel

Regular

I think pokemon is the best category.

10. Mildredtabitha

Mildredtabitha Well-Known Member
    Regular

I don't think it is that popular because I don't hear people talking about it. I am not sure if they really enjoy playing the game compared to the other games.

11. Lewis Ngata

Lewis Ngata Active Member
    Regular

Great response. I concur with most of this. Pokemon Go is certainly a great game and a giant in its category. However, the best game title is an ambitious one that most great games (greater than Pokemon Go) don't even have a chance of contending for. When I think of the best games ever, this is what comes off the top of my head:
    1. Tekken: This is a martial arts game that is a giant in its category. There are so many great fighters such as Jin Kazama, Kazuya Mishima, Heihatsu Mishima, King, Akuma and Sheeva.
    2. Mortal Kombat: This is another martial arts game that gives Tekken a run for its money. It takes violence to another level with strong brutish fighters like Jax Briggs, Bob, Raiden and Kung Lao.
    3. FIFA: This game is a or rather the giant in the soccer category. It is the best soccer game out there no matter what anyone else thinks.