Is it free to play?

Discussion in 'Wildstar' started by fliktor7, Jan 14, 2015.

1. fliktor7

fliktor7 Well-Known Member

I have seen gameplays and the game looks funny, but I'm not sure about download it. Is it free to play? And if it is not, how much costs every month?

Graphics look cool, I must admit it ^^

2. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, it's not free to play, at least not right now. Given the trend to go free to play within few months, I can safely bet that they are going to follow the same practice.

3. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

Yes and no. You have to buy the game and pay for the subs. The monthly sub is about the same as WoW's- $15 but like Eve online you can spend a ton of in game stuff with players to get sub time from what I recall.

4. celinejulietdcosta

celinejulietdcosta Well-Known Member

I don't think it's free right now. No worries within a few months you can try it out for free:)

5. bavinnie

bavinnie Active Member

Not free to play, I hit this game up with a pre-order and played it on release (I know, MMORPG's have seriously bad releases most of the time) and this one was no exception, but they cleaned it up really fast and I honestly had a good time playing while I did, my point being here that I was able to easily pay for the Subscription with the in game token system with a brand new to end game character, but that was back in the first couple months of release so not sure about how difficult it is to keep a subscription for free anymore now

6. thepieeatingjay

thepieeatingjay Well-Known Member

It's not f2p as of yet. But make no mistake, it's definitely going down that road. Yes, you can quote me on that. The Executives leaving and the small numbers signify it's only a matter of time.

The sad part is this is actually a damn good game.

7. AmenoKaji

AmenoKaji Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wildstar is one of those games where its worth the entry price, considering it regularly sits at about 20 bucks just to buy the game which includes a 30 day sub. It's more than enough time to max out a character and decide to put another 15 into it or to try and farm for CREDD so you can get ingame time without spending money.

8. Touchstone

Touchstone Well-Known Member
    Regular

Wildstar is not F2P yet. Considering rumors and the fact that stores pulled Wildstar boxes from their shelves, I think it'll probably go F2P in the next one to two years.

9. Athilea

Athilea Well-Known Member

It will be going Free To Play in the fall this year, according to their website. So it's just a waiting game at this point, if that's what you are waiting for. I may poke it again once it goes free to play, but I don't know.

10. flickerthestar

flickerthestar Well-Known Member
    Regular

Its finally free to play (aside from typical micro-trans) other than that its free and as fun as usual.

11. Chris_A

Chris_A Well-Known Member
    Regular

It has gone free to play last month, and so far, I am having a blast with it. I don`t know if it will turn pay-to-win eventually, but as of right now, the devs are offering all the content of the game for free.