Is Diablo 3 worth buying?

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by pr0xx1d, Dec 20, 2013.

1. greensat

greensat Active Member

Like all other RPG games, Diablo 3 and like all the other Diablos, it requires a lot of time investment to make your character as strong as they possibly can. For more reference for how Diablo is like, you can try researching about Torchlight, it's basically the same sort of game, just completely different gameplay and storyline.

2. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I was lucky and got it for free as part of a Blizzard promo. That being said paying $60 retail for the game wasn't worth it. I can see dropping $30 at most but wasn't worth the full $60. It's fun but it gets boring fast and during its initial release, the game was a little too easy to play. There's a lot of farming and grinding and honestly it's not a game that can keep my attention for a long period of time. I play it now and then just to do something, but Torchlight 1 & 2 has a better game experience than D3 to me at the moment.

3. downsouth

downsouth Member

I never finished Diablo 2 but I enjoyed the game immensely. For the right price I would definitely buy Diablo 3. What kind of reviews came out for it ?

4. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

D3 by itself doesn't have amazing reviews on Amazon. It's not a horrible game in and unto itself, but at release it wasn't really that engaging and there were issues. Lots of people were glad that they took the promotional offer of getting a free copy of the game. It's a kind of game that I just play on the side rather than on a constant basis. You can purchase it for $20 on Amazon, which is a fair price for the game. I haven't messed with any of the expansions but they have more favorable reviews than the base game.

5. Corten

Corten Well-Known Member

I might buy it if they reduce the price around Christmas. I pre-ordered it, this is the only game I've ever pre-ordered, and I regretted my decision after a month. Sold my account to a friend who wanted to play the game, but didn't have enough money to pay full price. Although, seeing the improvements Blizz has made to the game I'd like to play it again.

6. niiro17

niiro17 Well-Known Member
    Regular

For me,this game is worth to buy. It's fun to play this with your friends.

7. wowtgp

wowtgp Well-Known Member

It depends on whether you think it's worth playing or not. Are you into CRPG genre? If yes, then you are going to love what this game has to offer in terms of gameplay.

8. Epicfied

Epicfied Well-Known Member

Diablo III is definitely worth the cost. There are plenty of times you can find D3 and Reaper of Souls expansion in a package deal for a really decent price.
    There is a lot of content and it's an enjoyable game. I say go for it. I love the game and the fact that it's not a subscription is always a plus.

9. Kittyworker

Kittyworker Well-Known Member

I was a big fan of Diablo II so of course when Diablo III came out I bought it without hesitation. It didn't take me long to regret my purchase. The skills system is vastly dumbed down compared to games such as Diablo II, Torchlight, and Torchlight II. I'f your interested in having unique characters than this game isn't the one for you.

10. tournique

tournique Well-Known Member

If you enjoyed the other parts of the series then it's worth giving it a try. It's a nice game, though it got a lot on yelling at for some stuff.

11. Lucas

Lucas Active Member
    Regular

Thanks for this answer, it helped me a lot because I was thinking about buying Diablo III. I need a competition, tho. I want to make unique character, not a common.

12. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I like it actually. Yeah, it's a bit dumbed down, but the experience is still awesome. Ask some of the streamers on Twitch.

13. KKWND

KKWND Member

Honestly, If you're a fan of Diablo II and the original Diablo, I would suggest trying Path of Exile which I'm sure you've at least heard of. It follows more in the steps of D2/D1 than Diablo III.
    The "skill tree" is also one of the best I've seen in this genre of game. Diablo 3 was just very bland for me personally.

14. Mage-a-Holic

Mage-a-Holic Member

I thought Path of Exile was brilliant because of the huge skill tree and also because it reminded me a bit of Baulders Gate for some reason. I miss Baulders Gate =(. Regardless, I still want to put in a good word for Diablo III, especially if you have a friend to play with. Finding gear and leveling up is a lot of fun and there's a ton of content especially with the latest expansion. I haven't played much recently but it did take a solid chunk of my life that I would not trade back! Also, I think D3 is actually more fun on console than it is on PC, that's just a personal preference but playing with a controller is easier and the big screen TV suits the game well.

15. horse next door

I do not think it is still worth buying. People have been criticizing it since it came out. Even my friends who have been playing the Diablo series for a long time say it was a big disappointment. It was fun at the beginning, but got boring after a few weeks, they said.
    Never tried it out myself, but I will just trust on peoples opinions and just keep my money.

16. Sinfield

Sinfield Active Member

In the current state, it is worth buying. The downside is that you have to pay for both the original game and the expansion. RoS really polished the game to what it was supposed to be in the first place. It's fun, rewarding and not pay-to-win anymore, since the real money auction house has been removed. A lot of skills have been redone, certain builds work with certain items, difficulty has been increased, ladders... there's a lot of new stuff. I recommend the game, but only if you have plenty of time to kill.

17. Dandapatra

Dandapatra Active Member

Blizzard has fixed most of what people complained about. I never played D2 religiously, so I see no huge differences. It's a very fun game, just don't get your hopes way too high. It's like D2 now except a bit better graphics.

18. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's definitely worth buying as long as you get the DLC. The base game is worth playing, but the DLC fixes a lot of problems with the game, and gives you Adventure Mode, which in my eyes, is the main attraction of the game and should have been included in the base game.

19. Cereus

Cereus Well-Known Member
    Regular

I'll give it a try again but I've been playing Torchlight instead.

20. Christian46

Christian46 Well-Known Member
    Regular

I found the 2 games to be very similar, so if you liked Torchlight, you'll like Diablo too.