Is Diablo 3 worth buying?

Discussion in 'Diablo' started by pr0xx1d, Dec 20, 2013.

1. pr0xx1d

pr0xx1d Well-Known Member

Is the amount of content available worth the money? Is there PvP or raiding? I am interested in buying it after learning more.

2. RMCMage

RMCMage Well-Known Member

I don't play it anymore, but if you don't get tired of mmo's quickly then you might want to do a little research and check out some videos, because people like different things.

3. CrownedClown

CrownedClown Well-Known Member

This is probably the game I had been most excited in the past 5 years and what was the result? When the game came out it was brilliant, BUT you literally got bored few days after you get the game. 1-2 months after you started playing the game you had already cleared everything and there was nothing else to do, but farm items and hope for to get the perfect stat item, which seamed pointless when you have nothing to do with that item other then to just be faster at farming items...
    The new expansion that is coming out March seems to have hyped up people again and all my friends have pre-ordered it, but I won't pre-order it now nor buy it later when it comes out.
    There are some really interesting new things in the game, but the thought of getting bored few days after I get it just puts me off.
    Instead I'll be wasting my money on the new WoW expansion, Warlords of Draenor and Wildstar :p

4. Rocketman

Rocketman Well-Known Member

People have been pretty disappointed by it as a general trend. I would hold off until the Reaper of Souls expansion arrives to see if the changes they've added make the game worth it again. I don't think they've added PvP yet but I could be wrong since last time I checked was a few months ago.

5. pr0xx1d

Sounds like it had a lot of potential but didn't go through with it. I think I will hold off and stick to my LOTRO lol! :)

6. devilishomar

devilishomar Active Member

It's definitely worth buying in my opinion. They seemed to learn from other MMO's and figured out their weaknesses and, at least tried, to fix them. It's less buggy than both 2 and 1 in my opinion, which is always good.
    If I were you, I'd go right in and buy it whenever I got the chance to. It's quite addictive.

7. jbeavis100

jbeavis100 Well-Known Member

I keep hearing that Path of Exile is far better and is more like what diablo 3 should have been but its up to you. Path of Exile is free tho.

8. CrownedClown

Yeah Path of Exile is free and possible better then Diablo, because there is a lot more to do, however it should be noted that the game is a lot more complicated as well due to the fact that you can choose from waaaaaaaaaay too many talents :p
    Some fun thins Path of Exile have that Diablo should've added is leagues. Each league have ranking. Also there are a lot of events like for example 2 hours solo leveling and you get rewards for participating in those.
    Also it's quite fun that you can make a melee champ be ranged, a caster melee, a ranged melee etc... Basically each class can be everything.

If I had to recommend one of those two games I'd probably recommend Path of Exile over Diablo.

9. pr0xx1d

I'll have to check out Path of Exile. Is it top down like Diablo 3? I also don't really feel like paying the subscription for Diablo...

10. William Quah

William Quah Well-Known Member

I think Diablo 3 is worth the puchase. Sure, a lot of people don't like it but it's still a lot of fun. Now that there's going to be an expansion with one extra class, I think it's going to get better. Reaper of Souls looks like an awesome expansion. If you're still unsure, you can have a look around and see how you like it.

11. CrownedClown

There isn't a subscription, but you do have to buy the game first to be able to play it. Also in 3 months the expansion comes out "Reaper of Souls" and you would have to buy that as well if you want to experience all the new changes they have implemented. In my opinion it's not worth it.
    At the same time Path of Exile is free, pretty much the same game except there are a lot more things to do and it's(in my opinion at least) a lot better then Diablo.

12. pr0xx1d

Thanks for the advice. I'll be sure to check out PoE. Is there as much content as there is in Diablo 3 (hopefully even more -.-)?

13. CrownedClown

Yeah I believe there is A LOT more to do that's why I think it's better then Diablo. Also as I've said they make fun events where you get points for participating and you can reclaim rewards for those points. And since they've made it so that even casual/noob players can get points in the events and not just those top 10 let's say players that know what to do it's really nice.

14. fireinyourwords

fireinyourwords Well-Known Member

I've never played Diablo before, but I've had my eye on Diablo 3. I'm just surprised it hasn't gone down in price like some other titles by this point. I picked up XCom for $10 a few weeks ago, but Diablo 3 hasn't come anywhere near that price for consoles.

15. lord1027

lord1027 Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I'm waiting for the expansion to see if it's worth it. The fac that it doesn't have PvP just sucks for an MMORPG, half of the fun is in battling your friends (and enemies). It's a good game, but PvP would make it much better.

16. 4justice

4justice Well-Known Member

Truth be told, it actually is somewhat worth buying. And people are going to lynch me for saying this next part, but it might be true. But it's probably more worth it to buy on the home systems.

And the reason I say that is because of the way Blizzard treated the game as a whole. The PC version almost seemed like it was used as a beta and the home system versions of the game ironed out the rough edges.

17. athenos

athenos Well-Known Member

I'd rent this first if you can. In case you couldn't tell by this thread is a great example of everyone I've heard that played this game -- very mixed reviews.

18. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

The new expansion looks like it fixed a lot of what blizzard did wrong originally. I will not be purchasing the expansion myself since I do not want to support blizzard anymore, but the choice is up to you.

19. Kamarsun1

Kamarsun1 Well-Known Member

I think it was way to much hype around this game. The standard digital download is only 20 dollars and the deluxe is only 40. The price dropped 20 bucks, not bad.

20. gats

gats Well-Known Member
    Regular

It's not too bad of a game if you give it a chance but it was not worth the hype. I can buy a Diablo 2 key for much cheaper and get more fun out of it than Diablo 3 did.